Best USA Casino Sites Guide
Welcome to Best USA Casino Sites the #1 guide dedicated to US online casinos featuring reviews and ratings of the best American player accepting online casino sites. Enjoy playing slots, blackjack, video poker, roulette and craps at trusted, secure and reliable real money US online gambling sites.
Casinos featured here have all been fully tested and are our top picks for December 2017. By playing at these sites you'll receive the best bonuses & game options, 24/7 customer support, convenient deposit options using Visa, MasterCard & Bitcoin and withdrawals that are processed quickly.
Our Most Visited Pages
Why Play at Sites We Recommend?
Since the passing of the UIGEA in 2006 finding the perfect gambling site as an American player has become a challenge. Guides like ours help player from the United States find the ideal match by doing the necessary work to weed out the good from the bad for you. Below we've put together a listing of reasons why players should consider playing at one of our recommended options.
- We regularly play at the online casinos we recommend and are constantly updating, adding and pruning as necessary to ensure our visitors are provided with the best possible options.
- We ensure that the sites we feature provide US players with convenient deposit and withdrawal options to make getting money in to play is just as easy as getting it out.
- We do our best to ensure that the gambling brands we list offer fair play and reasonable bonus wagering requirements with no hassle when it comes to cashing out.
- We feature brands that focus on the US as their primary market. Doing so helps to ensure that 24/7 toll-free customer is easily accessible so if you do need help it’s available.
- We select and list sites that offer a wide range of slots including video slots, 3 reel slots, progressives along with video poker, blackjack, roulette and other casino game variations.
Top US Online Casinos - December 2017
Latest Casino News
Latest Casino Articles
About Best USA Casino Sites
We have purposely designed this website with US players in mind so if you’re based in America and if you’re looking to play in the real money mode at a trustworthy online casino site then you have come to the right place. Our main aim is to make sure that you find the right casino because all casinos today have something unique to offer.
The fully licensed sites that we have carefully selected for you are controlled by trusted operators, they often rank among the best in the world and our reviews are designed to offer valuable insight into individual casinos. In our US online casino reviews you can find the latest bonus information and other important info, plus we have also developed several other useful gambling guides for Americans.
We have basically tried to include everything on this website that we think will be beneficial to a new player, but at the same time we have also included sections that seasoned pros will enjoy checking out, such as our news section and general articles section, both of which are updated frequently throughout the week, which means that there are plenty of reasons to keep checking back with us.
We’ve provided information on the different games that you can find at our favourite online casinos and there’s so much more for you to explore. We also thought you might be interested in the banking section that explains about the most popular US online payment options that are currently widely accepted.
We love the fact that you can play from the comfort of your own home or while out and about at these casinos and that you can get rewarded for you play at all of our featured casinos. You can play for multi-million-dollar jackpots on a daily basis at these top US casino sites and they have everything a US player could ever want from an online casino. We’ve tried to keep this website as user-friendly as possible and if you have any more questions about gambling online in the US then just drop us an email using the online email entry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Tips for Gambling at Real Money Gambling Sites
Here are several top tips for US players who are looking to play in the real money mode at any of our most highly recommended USA casino sites. We have been playing at online casinos for years now and so we know the ins and outs. To ensure that your first time gambling is a smooth one don’t forget to use some of these top tips when you next visit any of our featured online casinos.
- Set deposit and/or spending limits as soon as you sign up to any of our casinos because this will help you stay in control of your spending.
- Take advantage of your new player welcome bonus before it’s too late and make sure that you read through the T’s & C’s to find out about any wagering requirements that you need to complete.
- Make sure that you feel comfortable at the casino, that you like the look & feel of the casino and that you aren’t feeling pressured into signing up.
- Before you start playing in the real money mode on any of the games we recommend checking out some of the games in the free play demo mode to begin with.
- Only play in the real money mode when you have learned the rules to the game, and only if you’re feeling lucky. Also, start by depositing a relatively low amount to begin with, perhaps the minimum amount, just to see how things go.
- Budget your money by checking your stake and then reducing it to correspond with your bankroll when you launch any of the games.
- Never chase your losses by depositing more straight away. Come back to the casino on another occasion in a better state of mind.
- Choose whether you are going to play on desktop or on mobile, because although the games are the same, the experience is completely different.
US Online Gambling Legality
In the US, online gambling by the individual gambler is not prohibited in any way by the Federal government, which means that you don’t have to worry about the police or any other authorities knocking at your door when you gamble in the real money mode at any of our featured USA casino sites.
The US Federal government did, however, pass the Unlawful Internet Gambling and Enforcement Act (UIGEA) back in 2006 and although this new legislation didn’t outright ban or make online gambling illegal, it did make it illegal for the banking establishments and other financial institutions to process transactions between players based in the United States and online gambling websites.
In 2012 another new law was introduced and this now allowed authorities in individual states to start issuing licenses to online casinos and mobile casinos, as well as poker rooms and sports betting websites operating from within that state’s borders. Each state takes a different approach to online gambling and many even use geo-location software to prevent players from gambling in their state if a player is based in a state that does not allow online gambling. This is otherwise known as interstate gambling and some states have taken a more liberal approach than others. The US government also continues to block foreign owned websites that are based outside of the US.
It would be a good idea to research the local laws in your own state before you attempt to sign up to an online casino because although each state is free to regulate or prohibit the practice within its borders, it’s still a grey area and is treated differently throughout the United States. All of the reviewed US online casinos that we have found for you on this website are fully licensed to accept real cash wagers from US players and your personal details and funds are always in perfectly safe hands.
Deposit Challenges and Solutions for American Players
Since the passing of the UIGEA depositing funds into online casinos using Visa, MasterCard and Amex has become more challenging. The issuers of credit cards and the financial institutions have become far more vigilant than in the past. Ultimately if the sites you try to play at are not setup with adequate payment processing there’s a good chance that your attempted payment will be rejected. In those cases, many times operators will reach out to players advising them on alternative options as a means of depositing at their site. In the past US players were fortunate enough to take advantage of alternate payment options such as NETELLER, Moneybookers (now Skrill) and similar banking methods. Fortunately all is not lost as there are alternatives for players which include UnionPay debit cards, Western Union, Moneygram and Pre Paid Gift Cards. Below we’ve summarized some of the most popular banking methods currently used by US players.
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) – Credit cards remain the most convenient and quick banking option for US players to use to deposit funds at online casinos. Although it’s possible that you may encounter a rejection of your credit card when attempting to play online playing at one of our recommended sites makes it that much less likely. The online gaming brands recommended on this website all have solutions in place that allow both new depositors and existing players to purchase credits using popular credit cards. By playing at a site recommended here you’ll be removing a lot of the guesswork as to whether your payment will be accepted or rejected.
- Western Union – Western Union is a reliable US online payment option that can now be used to deposit funds and withdraw your winnings at many of our most highly recommended online casinos. You need to sign up WU to use their money transfer services and then as soon as you have opened a free Western Union account you can start transferring money straight away. This is definitely not the most popular US online payment method, partly because it’s not as fast as most other methods, but it’s one of the most secure banking methods and it’s an ideal alternative when you prefer not to use credit/debit cards or cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency – Relative to other banking methods Bitcoin is a relatively new kid on the block. It however has become among the most reliable and beneficial for use at online gaming sites both by players and operators alike. Players love Bitcoin as a banking method because of its anonymity, prompt ability to transfer large sums of money to an online casino and because it’s highly secure as a payment option. Operators on the other hand love Bitcoin because they’re not at risk of funds being charged back like they could be when taking player deposits though credit cards. Some players may find that there are drawbacks with using Bitcoin however if they want to convert their gaming winnings back to USD. Many online casinos however will allow you to deposit using Bitcoin and withdrawal winnings via Check or ACH.
Top Bitcoin Casino for US Players
Popular Casino Games Enjoyed by US Players
You can now find hundreds of traditional casino games and modern casino games at all of our top-rated USA casino sites and brand new games also continue to arrive on almost a monthly basis throughout the year. The majority of games tend to be online slot machines (classic 3 reel slots with anywhere from 1 to 5 paylines and 5 reel slots with multiple paylines or multiple win ways).
You can also find table & card games, video poker games, instant win games & lotto style games, as well as progressive jackpot games and other specialty games. Most games are available for US players in the real money mode and in the free play demo mode and here are some of the best games that you can find today.
- Slots – Online slots are really easy to play and there’s no real strategy involved. There are many different online slot themes and this is often what makes them so appealing. You have the more laid back classic slots and then you have the more complex slots with 5 reels, multiple paylines, wild symbols, scatter symbols and/or bonus symbols. These games tend to have free spins bonus rounds and/or second screen bonus rounds and one or two other exciting in-play features. All you need to do is hit spin and watch as the reels hopefully bring in the highest valued matching symbols across one or more of the active paylines.
- Blackjack – There are many different types of blackjack available online today, but they are all equally exciting and they all have fairly identical rules – get closer to 21 points than the dealer without exceeding this number to win. You can find single hand blackjack games and also multi-hand blackjack games where you can play with up to five hands at a time. Blackjack is often the number one most played table game at many of our top-rated US online casinos and most blackjack games also have additional betting options such as insurance, double, split and/or additional side bets.
- Video Poker – Online video poker is based on five card draw poker and there are currently several different varieties available. The main aim on each game is to end up with a five card poker hand that contains a winning combination. The better your hand is, the bigger your payout will be. You will initially be dealt five cards and then you can choose which cards to hold in place and which ones to discard to try and improve your hand. You can now find single hand video poker and multihand video poker that allows you to play with up to 100 hands at a time.
- Roulette – In roulette you have to try and predict where the ball will come to rest on the roulette wheel after it has finished spinning. This wheel generally consists of numbers 1 to 36 and one green zero (American Roulette) or two green zeroes (European/French Roulette). There are multiple betting options available with odds usually ranging from 1 to 1 up to 35 to 1. The main bet types include straight up, split bet, street bet, corner bet, five bet, line bet, column bet, dozen bet, red/black, even/odd and low/high. You can place multiple bets per round in roulette.
- Craps – This is often regarded as a dice game for the connoisseur and all you need to do is throw the two six-sided dice to win. Before you start playing craps in the real money mode, it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the rules. There are multiple betting options available on the craps table and just like roulette you can also place more than one per bet round, with odds for individual betting options typically ranging from as little as 1 to 1 up to 30 to 1.
- Realtime Gaming - Realtime Gaming (also often referred to as RTG) is a well-established software provider that started back in the 90’s. This company powers many of our top-rated US gambling websites such Las Vegas USA Casino and Casino Max and they have developed an impressive collection of online slots, table games and other games. When you play at an RTG powered casino you can generally play either instantly in your web browser or from within a perfectly secure download client and more than 180 of their games are available on desktop and on mobile.
- Betsoft - Betsoft Gaming is regarded as one of the most advanced software providers of online gaming software in the world and they are particularly well-known for their impressive collection of 3D slot machines (known as Slots3) and also for their cutting edge mobile casino product (Betsoft ToGo). All Betsoft Gaming powered casinos today such as Drake Casino and Gossip Slots are entirely non-downloadable and their games have unrivalled cinematic graphics that create a unique online gaming experience. In addition to Betsoft’s collection of more than 70 3D slots, they have also developed table & card games, video poker games and other casino games.
- Arrow's Edge - Arrow’s Edge is still recognised as one of the newer providers on the scene, but that hasn’t stopped them from being able to get their games into some of the best USA casino sites. To play on their modest range of unique online slot machines and on a handful of ‘cash grab’ jackpot games, table games and video poker games you need to head over to Drake Casino or to Gossip Slots where you can enjoy playing on their games instantly in your web browser without the need to download any casino software onto your computer (mobile option also available).
- WGS Technology - WGS Technology (formerly Vegas Technology) has been supplying games to US online casinos for years now, although the company is not as mainstream as Betsoft Gaming and Realtime Gaming have become, they have still produced several memorable titles. This software provider has developed downloadable and non-downloadable software and their games are also now available on mobile. They have developed a unique range of games that can now be found at Lincoln Casino. WGS Technology is also known for running some of today’s best online slot tourneys and their stylish games have sharp graphics with realistic animated sequences.
Popular Software Providers Servicing the US Market
The online casino software providers are the companies that supply the games to the casinos and the main ones that power many of today’s best US online casinos are discussed here. Some of our reviewed American casino sites are powered entirely by one software provider, but you can also now find numerous sites that are powered by more than one software provider.
The main leading software providers such as Realtime Gaming (aka RTG), Betsoft Gaming, Arrow’s Edge and WGS Technology have developed either downloadable platforms, non-downloadable platforms, or both platforms and this software is frequently tested & audited. These providers have also developed casino games that are available on desktop AND on mobile.
Problem Gambling in the United States
Unfortunately for some players gambling in the real money mode can become a problem, but there are several useful things that you can implement to try and prevent certain issues from developing. We would never wish for any of our readers to gamble excessively, but if you do find that you have started gambling more than you can afford to spend then it’s definitely time to get outside help.
All of our most highly recommended online casinos feel the same and they don’t want things to spiral out of control which is why they provide certain useful tools that you can use to help you stay on top of your spending. For example when you sign up to the casinos you can set daily, weekly or monthly deposit/spending limits and this is a great way to stay in control of how much you spend. You can even request the casino to temporarily or permanently exclude your account. This will also stop any unwanted promotional emails from arriving in your inbox.
If you feel as though you do need additional support, two of the most notable organisations that we can suggest for you include the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) (which can be reached toll-free in the US on: 1-800-522-4700) and Gamblers Anonymous USA (which can be reached via local phone numbers at the hotlines found here). Both of these non-profit organisations provide 24 hour, toll-free support and professional guidance and they even help with rehabilitation programs. Before things do get out of control for you, a friend or family member there are certain other things that you should also try and remember.
Install child protection software if needed. Never leave your children unattended when you are logged in to the casino. Never allow under 18’s to gamble. Keep your casino password and payment details secure at all times. Teach your children, friends and family members about the legality and potential problems of excessive gambling. Also, remember to NEVER chase your loses and never gamble more than you can afford. Don’t let gambling interfere with your work life or personal life. Never gamble when under the influence of drugs or alcohol and never gamble if you have an addictive personality of gambling problem history.Top