AFL Betting for US Players
AFL betting isn’t just about picking your favourite team or betting in which team you think will win. AFL bets should be made on a team that embodies the bet value. AFL is an abbreviation for the Australian Football League. The AFL falls under the Australian Rules Football (Aussie Rules) which is a fast-paced and action-filled sport. AFL betting happens quite early in the year as the league usually kicks off towards the end of the first quarter.
The AFL sees 22 games being played each season amongst 18 teams. The top eight remaining teams from the AFL premiership will take part in the final playoffs. The finals series is a knockout tournament that happens over four weeks and is designed to benefit the top four AFL clubs.
Understanding how the AFL betting system works will help improve your odds from round one right into the grand finale. Our AFL betting online guide goes over and above picking a favorite team. The AFL betting odds by our team of experts focuses on the different markets, top tips, and resources. To learn more on how to make the best bets in the AFL, read on.
Top AFL Betting Sites in the US
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Cafe Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
How to Bet on AFL
The AFL is the most played, watched, and searched sport in Australia. Bettors who are looking at taking part in the online AFL action will have to learn how to bet on the AFL. Bookmakers offer bettors future bets prior to the start of the season as well as bets during the season. US bettors no longer have to wait in long queues to place bets and can do everything online at trusted AFL sites for US wager.
- Signup at a regulated sportsbook.
- Choose your AFL team and match.
- Select your bet or bets.
- Watch the game.
- If you win, collect your payout.
Types of AFL Markets
Let’s take a look at the most popular AFL betting markets for bettors in the USA.
The head-to-head betting method is the simplest and easiest method in the AFL. The bets ask you to select who you think will win the game. If the team you selected wins; you also win.
Handicap and Line Betting
Line betting is one of the most popular betting methods. In this betting method, bookmakers will handicap a team by setting a margin with the aim of making the game even. The underdog will be given a head start on points while the opposing team will be given a disadvantaged start. The stronger team will be marked with a negative (-) sign while the underdog a positive (+) sign.
The margin markets see bookmakers create bets which break the possible results by placing a margin. To place a bet, bettors have to pick the right side as well as the correct margin. The bet will have multiple choices with different US$ pricing to choose from.
Total Points Betting (Over/Under)
The total bet is a bet placed on the total number of points combined from both AFL clubs. The bet is split between the under as well as the over. If the total number of points goes over the set total, the over will be paid out. On the other hand, if the total number of points is under the total set bet number, the under will be paid out.
Player AFL Betting
The player markets let bettors’ wager on which player will be the first goal scorer, last goal scorer, which player will have the most goals, or which player will score a goal at any point of the game.
Top AFL Betting Tips
The AFL season usually takes place in the winter time, which often affects the match. The rainy and windy weather tends to play a huge factor in the way the match is played. Apart from the Australian weather, here are a few tips to take into consideration when placing bets on the AFL:
- If you are looking to make a profit, you should consider avoiding the markets that let you pick your own lines. The market we focused on; the bettor gives up value in exchange for a higher strike rate.
- Look around for the best odds. AFL bettors should shop around for great bet prices.
- Have a great strategy. A great strategy will include a sound bankroll management strategy as well as a staking plan that structures how you spend your funds.
- Rather than betting on which team will win, bet on the value.
- In terms of free bets, punters should read through all the sportsbooks’ T&Cs.
The AFL outright or futures are bets with results that will only be revealed later in the season. The popular AFL futures markets include:
- Brownlow Medal: The Charles Brownlow Trophy is awarded to the best player of the season about five days before the Grand Final. You can bet on who the Brownlow medal will be awarded to. Other Brownlow bets including who will be in the Exacta (first two), Trifecta (First three), and Top Five.
- Coleman Medal: This is an award given to the player who scored the most regular-season goals. Bettors can wager on the Coleman medal before and after the season rounds.
- Rising Star: The bets are placed on which AFL youngster has been playing well throughout the season.
Before placing your AFL bets, punters will need a few resources that will make betting hassle free and improve your AFL betting odds.
- AFL Ladder: The ladder shows all 18 teams in the league ranking from 1 to 18 and is the best way to see where your favorite team sits for the season. Apart from the position, the ladder includes the number of games played, the number of seasons won, number of games drawn, the number of games lost, total points scored, and point percentage.
- AFL Fixtures: The fixtures show the day, date, team, and time of the match.
- AFL Teams: US Bettors have to be familiar with the 18 teams, their playing history, colors, and how many premierships they have won. You should also look out for top players and predictions.
US Sports Betting Guides: