Can You Play Online Poker in Pennsylvania?
Recently updated on October 9th, 2023
Yes, in 2017, Pennsylvania passed legislation that legalized online gambling, including poker. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) was entrusted with the responsibility of regulating and overseeing the online gaming industry in the state.
PA also has poker rooms. You can choose to play the casino game for real money or free at a licensed casino site. We give you an overview of where you can play the exciting game.
Who Can Play Online Poker in Pennsylvania?
To participate in online poker games within the borders of Pennsylvania, you must meet a few essential criteria:
- Age Requirement: Players must be 21 years of age or older to legally engage in online poker activities in Pennsylvania. This age restriction is strictly enforced, so make sure you have a valid ID to verify your age when creating an account on an online poker platform.
- Residency Status: While residents of Pennsylvania are welcome to enjoy online poker games, visitors to the state can also participate as long as they meet the age requirement. This means that even if you’re just passing through or visiting friends and family, you can still play online poker legally during your stay.
Large Poker Site Launches in 2019
In Pennsylvania, PokerStars was the first poker website to launch in partnership with the Mount Airy Casinos Resort. The site has millions of players but only allows you to play against other players in PA. The growth of online poker has become even bigger because of the interest in:
- Different types of poker games.
- A chance to play online poker in Pennsylvania with friends.
- Great promotions and bonuses.
Casinos that Offer Online Poker in Pennsylvania
There are some casinos that provide poker. Other gambling websites are yet to follow. Poker sites and apps need to have location software to make sure players are logging in from the state. Mobile gaming lets you smoothly play the game without any interruptions. Poker apps have been customized to give you the ultimate gambling experience. It’s been said that more online poker updates will be coming soon.
Once you’ve established your eligibility to play online poker in Pennsylvania, the next step is to select a reputable online poker platform. It’s essential to choose a platform that is licensed and regulated by the PGCB to ensure a safe and fair gaming experience.
Playing Real Money Poker Online
One of the most exciting aspects of playing online poker in Pennsylvania is the opportunity to win real money. You can deposit funds into your online poker account using various payment methods, including credit/debit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets. Once your account is funded, you can join cash games, tournaments, and other poker events for a chance to win substantial prizes.