There are various categories that companies can submit for nomination. However, there is a process that must be followed until the day of the ceremony. Find out more about the Global Gaming Awards below.
Timeline – What Happens and When
As we have mentioned, companies can submit for consideration. The process is as follows:
- Self-Nomination – Companies can submit applications for consideration which will be shortlisted. For each category, there will be 10 companies to contend for the title.
- Nomination Panel – Eight elite industry experts form part of the nomination panel. They will work together to create a shortlist for each category.
- Shortlist is Finalized – The panel will then finalize the 10 companies for each of the 12 categories.
- Judges Announced – Within a month, the judges that will choose the final winners will be announced.
- Shortlisted Companies Contacted – The companies will be contacted to submit a supporting statement to the judges to help in making the final decision.
- Judges will start voting – The 70 judges that were chosen will then vote for winners and runner-up for each of the categories.
- Shortlist Announced – The shortlist will be announced with a print magazine available to read from the Gambling Insider app and special GI issue.
- Awards Ceremony – The ceremony will then take a place where winners are announced and celebrated.
- GI Friday Awards Special – The special GI Friday issues will be published with a list of all the winners together with the photos from the ceremony.
Global Gaming Awards Categories
There are 12 categories and they are listed as per below:
- Land-Based Operator of the Year – The judges look for casino achievements who have excelled in financial performance, innovation and enhancement. The casino operator should have also gone above and beyond for the best possible customer experience.
- Digital Operator of the Year – This category is for the companies that are operating online. To be awarded the award, they have to be evolving the online gaming industry.
- Land-Based Industry Supplier of the Year – This category recognizes the supplier who offers its products and services to the casinos. It can either be to construct, develop, or improve terminal, games, and other hardware.
- Digital Industry Supplier of the Year – A supplier that is the driving force for the evolution of the online gaming industry.
- Product Innovation of the Year – One of the new additions to the awards. It covers both the land-based and online gaming industry. This category awards the company that has truly innovative products.
- Slot of the Year – Awards a slot game that has set itself apart from all other games at land-based casinos.
- Land-Based Product of the Year – Any product can win this category as long as it improves the experience of the player.
- Digital Product of the Year – The same goes for the online gaming industry. The product can be anything that offers the best gaming experience.
- Customer Loyalty Program – Award for the program that is rewarding for the customers and the company’s commitment to putting the rewards at the heart of their operation.
- Property of the Year – Another one of the categories that is a new addition. It serves to recognize properties that have continued to evolve and adapt to the changing needs of customers.
- Responsible Business of the Year – Awarding a company that has a culture of responsibility in all aspects. It recognizes companies that fulfill their objective and also go above and beyond areas of responsibility.
- American Executive of the Year – This category recognizes an individual who steered their companies to success.