Horse Racing Betting US Guide
US bettors can now take part in online horse racing betting in the comfort of their homes. Over the past decades, horse racing was regarded as a sport for the elite where men would suit up, and women would get out their fanciest dresses and biggest hats. As the years have gone, past bettors have come to realize that learning how to bet on horse racing doesn’t have to be rocket science. Not only is betting on the horses online easy and convenient however it can be done in five easy steps
Horse race betting is legal in most parts of the United States with almost 30 states, allowing bettors to make their bets at casino sites in USA or on a mobile app. Before placing all your earned cash into a horse, ensure that you are making your bets at a regulated and safe horse racing betting app or site. Bettors can place any of the different types of bets online using their desktop, smartphone or tablet. Some horse racing websites allow bettors to place their bets by calling in and speaking to a teller or via a touch-tone service.
Best Horse Betting Sites
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best US Online Casino|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play High Country Casino||Best US Online Casino|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Best USA Casino Online|
|Play Irish luck Casino||New Best Payout Casino Online|
|Play Lucky Red Casino|
How to Bet on Horse Racing
If you are asking yourself how to bet on horse races, well it is relatively easy. The digital age has seen the internet become home to several regulated top online betting site on the internet that have the easiest bet placing process. Bettors no longer have to leave the house to place a wager over the counter.
- Sign up to a horse racing website and complete the registration process.
- Fund your account by making a deposit.
- Place your bet by picking a race track, race number, horse number, the type of bet you would like to make and the amount of money you want to bet.
- Wait to see what happens by watching the action happen live.
- Collect your winnings.
Types of Horse Racing Bets
When placing a basic bet, punters can only bet on one horse.
- Win: Bettors place a bet on a horse, and if the horse comes first, you win.
- Place: If the bettors’ horse finishes in first or second place, you win.
- Show: You win if your horse is placed first, second or third. The chances of winning are higher.
Exotic Single-race Bets
- Exacta: Bettors pick two horses which will be placed first and second. The horses have to take first and second place in that order for you to win.
- Hi-5: if a bettor picks the first five finishing horses they win.
- Quinella: Bettors pick two horses, and if the horses take first and second place, you win.
- Trifecta: bettors have to select the first three horses to finish the race to win.
- Superfecta: if a bettor can choose the first four horses to finish the race they win.
Exotic Multi-Race Bets
- Daily Double: Two set races will make the daily double. Bettors have to pick a horse from each race and place the bet before the first race. If both horses finish first in their races, you win.
- Pick 3: Players have to pick three horses in three consecutive races. If all three horses are placed first, you win.
- Pick 4: Players have to pick three horses in four consecutive races. To win all four horses have to come first.
- Pick 5: To win Punters have to pick five horses taking part in five straight races. If all five horses are placed first, you win.
- Pick 6: Bettors have to pick six horses in six consecutive races. If all six horses are placed first, you win. This is the biggest bet bettors can make and can stand to win big.
Top Five Horse Racing Tips
- Favourite horses have the lowest odds and wagering on the favourites offers players a 33 percent chance of winning.
- Before placing your bet, look out for the handicapping factors.
- Make different kinds of bets.
- Shop around for some of the best odds.
- Keep your bankroll under strict management.
Famous Horse Races in the US
The Triple Crown as it is known by many horse racing bettors in the USA is the three most prestigious American horse races.
- Kentucky Derby: The Kentucky Derby is the first leg of the triple crown. The horse races are held in Louisville, Kentucky and are run every year. It is a two-week festival which takes places from the first Saturday of May. If you are planning a trip to Louisville, we suggest you plan your trip around the derby to get the best of Churchills Downs.
- Preakness Stakes: the second leg of the Triple Crown takes place in Maryland, Baltimore at the Pimlico racetrack. The horse race takes place in the third Saturday of May which is two weeks after the Kentucky Derby. Preakness Stakes offers bettors fantastic experience packages to make the most of the trip down.
- Belmont Stakes is where the galloping kings take part in the final leg of the Triple Crown. For a horse to take part in the Belmont Stakes, it has to have won both the Preakness Stakes and Kentucky Derby.
Horse Racing Betting Terms
- Dead heat: When two or more horses finish the race at an exact tie
- Furlong: This is a horse racing distance measure which is one-eighth of a mile.
- Grade: is when the term used to class horse races according to the quality of the horse
- OTB: an acronym for ‘Off Track Betting.’ These bets are placed at venues that don’t have their horse racing.
- Post Position: the position the horse is at the starting gate. This position also tends to be the horse’s number.
- Post Time: is the assigned start time of the race.
- Purse: is the term used to describe the prize money for a race.
- Trotting: is a type of horse racing which does not let the horses gallop.
Top Sports Betting Guides: