How Do You Play Casino Baccarat?
If you’re interested in learning to play casino baccarat, then this quick guide is right for you. Since it’s such a quick game to learn, we’ve gathered our best tips for playing at the casino table right here.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the basics, including the rules, bets, and best strategy to win. And then, we’ll list our favorite casinos to practice for free, so you can save your funds for later. So, let’s get into this introductory guide to playing casino baccarat.
Casino Baccarat Rules
To start, you’ll need to learn the rules of casino baccarat and understand when to make a move. At the beginning of the game, you need to bet on yourself or the banker (never take the tie). Then, you’ll receive two cards from the deck face-up, and so will the banker (dealer).
In this card game, the goal is to get a total of nine or less to beat the dealer and get your bet back.
If neither of you gets a natural nine or eight, you can take another card and get your total up. In casino baccarat, none of the face cards count toward your total, so you need to get numbered ones. If you or the banker doesn’t get a nine in this round, the rules will dictate your next move:
- Firstly, if your hand is six or seven, you have to stand, and the banker has to draw on 0-5.
- If you get a 9, 10, or face card, or an Ace, the banker must draw on 0-3 and stay on 4-7.
- Now, if you draw an eight, the banker draws on 0-2 and stands on 3-7.
- But, if you draw a six or seven on your third card, the banker draws on a 0-6 and must stay on six or seven.
- So, if you have four or five on your third card, the banker has to stay on 6-7 and draws on 0-5.
- Lastly, if you draw two or three as a third, the banker must draw on 0-4 and stand on five, six, or seven.
Playing at Casino Tables
When you have a good understanding of the rules and gameplay, you can try out a live table. But you have to know that you won’t play against the other people at the table. Like blackjack, this keeps the game interesting without getting competitive.