How to Play Roulette for US Players
At first glance of the roulette game, it looks intimidating with its numbers, colours and the different best that you can make on the table. If you’re a beginner or new to the game of online roulette, this guide is perfect for you because it will teach you how to play roulette.
When you read through our how to play roulette online guide you learn about the rules of the game, the types of bets, the table and the strategies.
Top US Casinos to Play Online Roulette
Playing Roulette Online
Here at Best USA Casino Sites, we vet for the best online slot casino sites for US slot players. We put the online casino sites that we identify and put them through a stringent review process to ensure that they are legit. So, as a result, if you choose any of the casino sites that we have listed here on our website, you can be sure that they are safe, regulated and continuously reviewed to ensure that they are good for US players.
Guide: How to Play Slot Machines Online
One basic rule of playing online roulette which is to predict where the ball will land on the Roulette wheel. You place chips on the table either on the inside bets, outside bets, or a combination of both.
Roulette How to Play Rules
Even though the roulette table may be intimidating, the game is easy to play once you know how it works. A standard roulette game will consist of a betting table, the wheel, and a ball. Before the game can start, you have to place your wager on the table. Once that is done, the wheel will be spun, and the ball dropped in and once the wheel stops the ball will land in a coloured and numbered slot. If your wager is the same as where the ball landed then you win. However, if it does not match, then you lose, and a new game can be started once the table has been cleared.
How to Win at Roulette - Know Your Bets
Understanding the different kinds of bets that can be made on the roulette table, make learning and playing roulette better and easier. Some bets are better than others; however, the house edge is the same for all the bets. The types of bets can be classified as per below:
These bets are the numbers on the table and can be made on a single number or up to six. The inside bets can be broken down as per below:
- Corner bet – Choosing to make a bet on four number that is next to each other by placing your chip at the corner that connects all the numbers. The odds for this bet are 8 to 1.
- Street Bet – When you place your bet on three numbers that are in a row by putting a chip at the end of the row. The odds for this bet are 11 to 1.
- Split Bet – Choosing to bet on two numbers that are opposite each other. Put the chip on the line that separates the two numbers. The odds for the bet are 17 to 1.
- Straight Up Bet – When you wager on a one number by placing your wager on that specific number on the table. The odds for this bet are 35 to 1.
- Five Line Bet – Betting on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, 3 and you will place your chip on the corner of next to the 0 and the 1.
- Six Line Bet – Choosing to make a wager on two rows with three numbers by placing your chip between the two rows at the end. The odds for this bet are 5 to 1.
These bets are all the wagers that you can make outside the number’s layout on the table. Similar to inside bets, there are some wagers you can make that are considered to be outside bets. See below:
- Dozens Bets – There are three number groupings on the table, and they are divided in multiples of 12. Hence, they are called dozens. If you choose to place a wager on any of the dozens, you are wagering that any number in that dozen will win. You place your chip on either the first, second or third dozen. These bets have odds of 2 to 1.
- High or Low Bets – On the outside bets there are to boxes with 1 to 18 (low numbers) and 19 to 36 (high numbers). You can choose to place a bet on either two boxes predicting that the ball land on any numbers between 1 to 18 or 19 to 36. The odds for these bets are at 1 to 1.
- Odd or Even Number Bets – When you choose to wager on even or odd on the table, you are predicting that the ball will land in a slot where the number is even or odd. These bets payout 1 to 1.
- Colour Bets – Choosing to bet colour means that you are predicting that the ball will land in a slot of that colour regardless of what the number is. There are two colours black and red, which are displayed next to the even and odd boxes on the table. Place your chip in whichever colour you think will win. The odds for these bets are 1 to 1.
- Column Bets – You will choose to wager on an entire column of numbers, and you do so by placing your chip at the end of the column in the 2 to 1 box for that column. The payout for this bet is at 2 to 1.
Use Strategies - The Best Way to Play Roulette
Online roulette is a game of luck. However, there are strategies that you can use to improve your chances of winning. The strategies do not guarantee you a win. See below for some of the known roulette strategies:
- Oscar Grind’s Strategy
- Parlay Roulette System
- Martingale System
- Paroli System
- James Bond Strategy
- Fibonacci System
Tips on How to Play Roulette
When playing online roulette, you can easily be confused because of the table and the number of bets available to you. However, we have put together different kinds of tips that will help you play roulette online better. You can read the following guides to help you make playing roulette an enjoyable experience.
- Tips to always remember when playing roulette
- Tips for covering the roulette table
- Five essential tips for roulette
Free Play Roulette FAQs
- What is the Best Bet in Roulette? .
- How Does the Game of Roulette Work?
- How Do You Win on Roulette?
- What are the Rules of Roulette?
No particular bet is better than the other because the house edge for all the different bets is the same. Since there is a zero and double zero difference in the American and French roulette the house edge is specific to the game. The house edge for American roulette is 5.26% and for French is 2.7%.
In the game of roulette, you have to predict where the ball will land in the roulette wheel. You do so by placing wagers on the roulette table.
There is no particular way of winning on roulette because it is a game of luck. The only way to improve your chance of winning is by using the various strategies effectively.
The game of roulette is played using a roulette wheel and a table where players will place their bets. The croupier will spin the wheel once players have made all their bets and drop the ball into the wheel. The wheel will spin until it stops and the ball will land in any of the slots on the wheel to reveal the winning number of colour.