Mistakes in Pai Gow Poker to Avoid
Like any game there are Pai Gow Poker mistakes you can make. So, to avoid this you must know everything about the game. We cover common mistakes new and seasoned players make when playing Pai Gow Poker. It is a good thing to be aware of such mistakes to not make them and improve your chances of winning the game.
Pai Gow Poker Mistakes
1. When You Don’t Know the Rules of Pai Gow Poker
As a player you must take your time to understand the rules of the online casino game. Pai Gow Poker is a skill-based casino game which means you must learn how the game works. You will have to develop your skills, which is different from playing games of chance such as slots or roulette. It’s difficult to win the online casino game if you don’t know what to expect.
2. Creating a Foul Hand
A foul hand is when you set the low hand higher than your high hand. This is a mistake and can cause you to lose. Whenever you arrange hands remember to do it with care. A foul hand is something you shouldn’t do now that you know better. A foul hand happens when:
- A two-card hand that ranks higher than a five-card hand.
- Containing the wrong numbers of cards in hands.
3. Not Understand Pai Gow Poker Hand Ranking
To develop a winning Pai Gow Poker hands you have to learn the different rankings. It will help you increase your chances of beating the house. The highest two card hand is two Aces the highest five card hand is a royal flush.
- 5 Aces – Joker included
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush – A,2,3,4,5 is the highest straight flush, and K, Q,J,10,9 is the second highest straight flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Straight – A, K, Q,J,10 is the highest straight, and A,2,3,4,5 is the second highest straight
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pair
- One pair
- High Card
4. Passing the Chance to Be a Banker
When you are offered the opportunity to be a banker it is good to take the chance. During the first round of the game, every player is given a chance to be the bank to the other player. Some players pass this opportunity in Pai Gow Poker which may not always be a good idea. The player must do the following before being permitted to bank a round of play:
- Must have played a hand against the banker
- Need to have enough chips to cover winning bets made by other players and the house dealer against the banker for that round of play.
Take the Pai Gow Poker banker role because the rules shift slightly in your favour. When you are a player, you lose ties and as a banker you win these. Should one of your hands be beaten by a player, it is a tie and you as the banker wins. The house edge for Pai Gow Poker is 2.84% which can go as low as 1.42% when you are a banker.
5. Playing Too Much and Not Relaxing
Online Pai Gow Poker is a fun card game you can play whenever you want. It’s good to know when to relax. Playing for long hours doesn’t guarantee that you’ll win. It’s a good thing to when to leave the Pai Gow Poker table.
*In addition, keep in mind that betting on the bonus bet without knowing the rules well is not a good idea. You also need to understand how to split two pairs in Pai Gow Poker. You can research these two points further.