Learn Online Baccarat Rules, Strategy and Read Tips Here
Most everyone has an image that they would attach to the game of baccarat; perhaps that it is reserved for high-rollers. Indeed, when you see it in a land-based casino environment you may get that impression. But actually, once the rules are learned, the game can be played by anyone in an online casino.
Top 2017 US Online Casinos
A listing of the 2017 best US player accepting online casino sites can be found featured below. Use Visa, MasterCard and Amex (in some cases) to make secure and reliable deposits.
Baccarat is a game that is played with a standard 52-card deck. There are two entities that are involved in the game, the Player and the Banker. Some people who sit down to play the game may think of themselves as the Player and the casino as the Banker, but it is more abstract than that.
Both the Player and the Banker receive a two-card hand at the beginning of the round of play. They are placed side-by-side on the baccarat layout. The best hand either side can get in the game of baccarat is nine (9). It should be mentioned that this is not a "two-digit" game. In other words, totals of ten or more are identified by the second digit. So a two-card total of eleven would be one (1); a 14 would be a four (4), and so on.
The objective of the game is to wager on the hand that wins. So even though, theoretically, you are the player and the house is banking the game, you can bet on either. You can also bet on a tie. The payout on a winning hand, with either side, is even money. Ties pay 8-to-1.
Is there a strategy for playing baccarat? Well, there is no playing strategy, per se, because you are not making decisions to hit or stand, as you would be in blackjack. When either the Player or Banker has an eight or nine, it is an automatic standing hand. The Banker's hand can be hit if and only if the Banker has a hand that is less than six (6) and the Player is already standing. When the Player has five or less, a card is added to that hand. These things happen automatically, so there is nothing you can do to affect this.
As far as your betting is concerned, you must keep in mind that any winning bets placed on the Banker require a 5% commission to be paid to the house. That's a healthy chunk. The payout on the tie does not do you any favors either.
Here are some tips to help you enjoy your online baccarat sessions:
- Here are some suggestions to help you have a better time playing baccarat:
- Know the whole procedure cold. It may be a little confusing at first, but it's really not all that complicated.
- Try not to look upon yourself as the "Player." You're not.
- Realize that this is not blackjack. There is nothing you are going to do to improve the hand you've wagered on.
- Make sure you manage your money correctly. Understand what you total bankroll is and make bets that are in proportion to that bankroll. Remember also that while baccarat, as we have stated, is accessible game, the minimum bets in most places are generally higher than that of other table games.
- Recognize that betting on a tie does not offer any value to you.
- Recognize, by the same token, that while the Banker is more likely to win hands, you have to pay the 5% commission to the house. Because of this, any advantage that might be gained from betting that way is effectively erased.