Online Lottery Powerball in the US
Powerball is arguably one of the most widely played games in the United States. Powerball is co-ordinated by a Non-Profit Organization called the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL), formed by an agreement between the 44 participating US state lotteries. These states exclude Mississippi, Alabama, Utah, Nevada, Alaska and Hawaii.
The American Powerball lottery uses two lottery number generators to pull two different sets of Powerball results. The one machine provides the main online lottery numbers, while the other generates the Powerball number. To play US Powerball, you need to choose five main numbers between 1-69, and one additional Powerball number between 1-26 and mark them down on your Powerball ticket. If all six your numbers match the Powerball winning numbers generated by the machine, you’re a Powerball winner!
Powerball tickets are available to purchase in all participating US states, and theLotter, an independent online ticketing service, makes tickets available worldwide. However, theLotter is only one example of an online ticket provider. There are many other websites where you can buy a ticket. One ticket will cost you $2.
Find an Online Powerball Site in the US
Powerball Jackpot Page Links
- 8 Ways to Win Powerball Prizes
- The Powerball Power Play Feature
- Claiming Your Powerball Prize
- Quick Powerball Facts
8 Ways to Win Powerball Prizes
We’ve mentioned how to win the Powerball jackpot above, but this is not the only way you can win cash. Have a look at some of the other winning combinations and their corresponding prizes below.
- Match 5 Balls _ Win $1 Million
- Match 4 Balls + Powerball _ Win $50 000
- Match 4 Balls Only _ Win $100
- Match 3 Balls + Powerball _ Win $100
- Match 3 Balls Only _ Win $7
- Match 2 Balls + Powerball _ Win $7
- Match 1 Ball + Powerball _ Win $4
- Match Powerball _ Win $4
The Powerball Power Play Feature
Powerball Lottery also offers an optional multiplier called ‘Power Play’. This feature doubles Powerball’s second tier prize to $2 million, and increases the 7 bottom prize divisions by up to 10 times when the Powerball jackpot is $150 million or more. To activate this feature, you need to tick the ‘Power Play’ box when you purchase your ticket online. This will cost you an additional $1 per play.
Claiming Your Powerball Prize
The Powerball rules regarding claiming your prize are subject to the laws in each participating state, as well as the rules of the respective online casino in the US. Generally, players are given the option of receiving prizes in cash or annuity. Annual payouts consists of 30 payments over a 29-year period, while cash payments are paid out to the winner(s) in a single lump sum. The final value of the lump sum is subject to State and Federal taxes. If you choose annuity, your payments will be increased each year by a certain percentage.
Powerball jackpots on the other hand will be divided equally amongst the various jackpot winners. If the divided jackpot prize amounts to $2 million per player, this will be paid out as one lump sum. Jackpot prizes that are not won, or go unclaimed, will be rolled over to the next drawing.
Quick Powerball Facts
- The odds of winning the Lottery Powerball are 1 in 292,201,338
- The biggest recorded jackpot won by a single player in the US is $590.5 million.
- The second largest Powerball jackpot was snatched up by two players in 2012. They won $580 million.
- Powerball drawing days are every Wednesday and Saturday.
- The main numbered balls are coloured white. The Powerball is red.
- Powerball jackpots start at a whopping $40 million, the highest jackpot starting prize in the world.
- All winning Powerball tickets need to be claimed within 180 days of the draw.
Other Recommended Lottery Guides:Top