Learn Online Roulette Rules, Strategy and Read Tips Here
Roulette may seem to some to be a "fancy" game, but it is actually quite accessible; in fact, it is more accessible than ever, and online gaming is partly responsible for that. Players not only can play the game easier, but there are more choices than there have been before.
Top 2018 US Online Casinos
A listing of the 2018 best US player accepting online casino sites can be found featured below. Use Visa, MasterCard and Amex (in some cases) to make secure and reliable deposits.
Roulette rules are not all that complicated. The basic concept to remember is that there is a roulette "wheel" that is at the center of the game, and that wheel spins as a ball is dropped into it. There are slots for numbers one (1) through 36 on that wheel, along with a zero, and in some cases, a double zero. When the wheel stops and a ball drops into one of the slots, the corresponding number is the winner. At that point winning bets are paid off, and losing bets are collected.
We mentioned a zero and/or double zero. This constitutes one of the genuine rules distinctions in the game of roulette. There are two different versions of this game: the American and European versions. In the European version, the wheel has just a single zero. In the American version, there is both a zero and a double zero. This changes the odds of each of the numbers landing in a slot on the wheel. Other versions you may find online, such as French Roulette or Roulette Royale, have slight rules variations.
Part of the rules of this game involves the various bets that are available, which is important, because as the player, you can bet on individual numbers or groups of numbers.
When you think about strategy in roulette, it must first be understood that in the vast majority of cases, the house edge is going to be the same, no matter what kind of bet you execute. That edge is 5.26%. If you want to do the math, that will become clear. There are certain strategies you may want to employ in order to make you money go as far as possible. This has its basis is sound money management. Certainly you do not want to make bets that exceed reasonable limits, as it may be related to the bankroll you want to budget for any single session. A good rule of thumb to follow is that your maximum bet shouldn't be more than 1/40th of your bankroll.
Let's offer a few tips that will help you get the most of your online roulette sessions:
- Make sure that you do not bet more than your bankroll can afford, proportionally speaking, of course. Smart money management will keep you in the game longer.
- Try to play the European version of the game if possible, since the absence of the double zero (00) will increase the odds of the individual numbers or groups of numbers landing on the wheel.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the layout and where the bets are placed.
- Learn what is meant by an inside bet (bets made "inside" the general layout) and an outside bet (bets made "outside" the general layout)
- Stay away from certain betting strategies, such as the "Martingale" systems, as a way of "beating the game." A Martingale system involves doubling your bet after each loss. Such a thing will not produce a net profit for you in the long run.