Understanding Roulette Odds, Bets and Payouts
Understanding how roulette odds work is one of the secrets to knowing how to play roulette. At the most basic level, roulette table odds refer to the house edge or the advantage. More so, they refer to the percentage the casino has over a player.
In roulette, the house edge on all roulette bets is 5.26% or 2/38. It is calculated by dividing the number of zeros on the wheel by the total number of pockets.
Each roulette bet also has a specific mathematical probability of winning. Therefore, to increase your chances of overcoming roulette odds it is critical to know how often you can expect to win and how much of an advantage you need to overcome. That way, getting the best odds at roulette comes with sticking to the basics.
So, something as simple as understanding the game and betting types involved in the game. Our team of experts has created a guide to help you read roulette odds.
Best Roulette Odds at Top Casino Sites
If you’re looking for the best odds in roulette, we made a listing of the best online casino sites. Make bets on the best odds in roulette through reliable and secure deposits. Use Visa, MasterCard, and Amex (in some cases) at these top sites.
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Bovegas Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Irish luck Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Rich Palms||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play Cafe Casino|
Odds of Roulette: Different Betting Options
When playing the best online roulette there are two main categories of roulette bets – inside bets and outside bets. Each bet has six and five types of each respectively. The odds on roulette vary according to the best.
Outside bets include even-money bets, column bets, dozen bets, red or black bets and 1-18/19-36 bets. These present the best odds in roulette with a small payout. Inside bets are less probable at winning roulette but offer a much higher payout. Inside bets include single number bets, split bets, street bets, corner or square bets, six-line bets, and top line bets.
Roulette Odds Calculator
A roulette odds calculator is used to determine how much a bet in roulette will payout. However, the bets will, payout differently depending on the game variation. Therefore, the roulette chances will depend on the roulette casino games you are playing.
The roulette odds calculator is also referred to as the roulette odds chart. A less popular name for it is the roulette payouts chart. Players can use the roulette odds chart to determine how much they could possibly win when the ball lands on the bet wagered. The chart uses the x to 1 form which means you win x dollars for every $1.
|Bet||Potential Payout||European Roulette Odds||American Roulette Odds|
|Even/odds||1 to 1||48.60%||47.4%|
|Low/High||1 to 1||48.60%||47.4%|
|Red/Black||1 to 1||48.60%||47.4%|
|Dozen||2 to 1||32.40%||31.6%|
|Column||2 to 1||32.40%||31.6%|
|Six Numbers||5 to 1||16.2%||15.8%|
|Five Numbers||6 to 1||13.5%||13.2%|
|Four Numbers||8 to 1||10.8%||10.5%|
|Three Numbers||11 to 1||8.1%||7.9%|
|Two Numbers||17 to 1||5.4%||5.3%|
|Single Number||35 to 1||2.70%||2.60%|
Roulette Odds Payout and Probability
There are different types of bets as listed above. They fall under the outside and inside bet categories. The names of these categories are based on the layout of the numbers on the table.
There are 38 numbers that fall in the outside bets category which can be colour numbers or a set of numbers.
- Black or Red – betting that the ball will land in any number but either a red or black pocket. The payout for these bets is 1 to 1.
- Low or High – you either wager on the low numbers (1-18) or high numbers (19-36). You will get a payout of 1 to 1 on winning bets.
- Odds or Evens – the ball lands on an even or odd number that you have bet on, then you win. The payout for these bets is also 1 to 1.
- Column – when the ball lands on a number in the column you chose to bet on. There are three columns with 12 numbers each. You will get a payout of 2 to 1.
- Dozens – there are three dozen numbers to bet on 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36. You will win on any of these numbers and get a payout of 2 to 1.
The inside bets are not simple to get and offer high payouts.
- Straight Up Bet – betting on a single number. The payout for this bet is 35 to 1 but European has a chance of 2.7% and American has 2.6%.
- Split – betting on adjacent numbers with a payout of 17 to 1. European has a 5.4% chance of winning and American has 5.3%
- Street – placing a bet on a row of numbers with a payout of 11 to 1. European has 8.1% and American has a 7.9% chance of winning.
- Corner – betting on four numbers connected by one corner with a payout of 8 to 1. European has 10.8% and American has 10.5% winning chances.
- Basket – placing a bet on five numbers with a payout of 6 to 1. Only American has this bet with 13.2% of winning.
- Line – betting on two rows of a total of six numbers with a payout of 5 to 1. European has 16.2% and American has 15.8% chances of winning.
Roulette Table Odds: Tips
Here are a few tips to help you beat the odds in roulette and thus secure greater payouts:
- Firstly, play roulette with a betting system or roulette strategy in mind.
- Secondly, stick to wagers that pay even money. These include the black/red, odd/even, and low /high betting options. They carry a 47% chance of payout – the highest in roulette.
- It might also be a good idea to save a portion of your profits. That way, you can avoid leaving the roulette table empty-handed should things go south.
- Lastly, never place a bet on the 5-number combination of 0-00-1-2-3. It carries the worst odds of winning with a 7.89% house edge.
FAQS about Roulette Chances
Roulette is based on luck. However, players can become skillful at roulette. This will take lots of practice and testing strategies.
Yes, there is a strategy to win roulette. You can use roulette strategies to increase their chances of winning. Players have to remember that roulette is a game of chance.
Yes, but it is dependent on the bet and the variation of roulette being played.
Numbers in center of the wheel such as 23, 24, 17 and 7 are the most hit numbers in roulette but this won’t always be the case.
The En Prison bet found in French roulette is the best bet in roulette. Read our guide on the bet here.
Yes, but this will depend on your bankroll. There are 36 numbers in roulette. So, if you make a $1 bet on each number that will be $36. If you can afford to take that risk then yes, you can bet on every number in roulette.
This will depend on how you bet on 0. If you place a single bet on 0 it will payout 35 to 1. If 0 falls part of your line bet or any other bet then you get paid accordingly. Therefore, 0 pays out like any other number on the wheel.
17 is the most popular number to come up in roulette.
The best odds for roulette are calculated according to the various bets made. More so, these can be found in our payout table above.
Other Recommended Roulette Guides: