Best Jacks or Better for Real Money USA
Jacks or Better is one of two types of video poker games available to players in the United States. The concept of the game in itself is easy to understand, the strategic elements that come into play is the complicated bit. However, grasping all the finer rules, strategies and requirements is one hundred percent possible if you apply yourself to the game. If you have never played jacks or better before and would like to learn how to play, you’ve come to the right place. We have dedicated this guide to uncovering some of the important aspects of playing the game.
The overall aim with this video poker variation is to be the player with the best possible hand out of all the players. Having the best poker hand will make you the winner with the prize. As the name implies, you need to have a pair of jacks, or better to win.
The rules of the game are the same as the rules found in a standard video poker game. This applies regardless of whether you are playing poker at an online casino, or in a casino venue. Jacks or Better uses a 52-card deck without wild cards or jokers. Playing Jacks or Better requires a good mix of both luck and skill, and is also a great way to improve your knowledge of the game. When playing online, you get a point for every pair of jacks or better that you receive. You can also play up to 100 hands at a time. This means that the more hands you play, the better your chances of winning.
Top USA Video Poker Sites 2019
Jacks or Better Video Poker Page Links
- Top USA Video Poker Sites
- Playing Jacks or Better Online
- Paid Hands in the Game
- Tips to Get You Through the Game
Playing Jacks or Better Online
The game begins as soon as all bets are placed. The computer software will then hand you five cards, and you’ll have the option to decide which ones to discard, if any, in the hopes of getting dealt better cards next time around. But, before any of this happens, here’s what you need to do:
- First, you’ll have to log into your favourite casino and search for jacks or better video poker.
- Next, you’ll have to place a bet. You do this by clicking the minimum or maximum bet buttons on your screen. You can also customize your bet by selecting an amount you are most comfortable with. You do this by clicking the up or down arrows on the screen. The general minimum is $0.20 while the maximum is $5.00.
- You’ll then click ‘draw’ or ‘play’ to receive your first hand. This will consist of five cards handed face up.
- Based on the cards you’ve received, you have to decide which ones to keep and which ones to trade in. You can choose to hold a minimum of 1 card and a maximum amount of five cards.
- Based on your latest decision, you’ll click draw again to receive your final cards. At this point you’ll see whether you’ve won or lost.
Paid Hands in the Game
Here are all the possible hands in a game of jacks or better.
- Royal Flush: This is the best hand you can have in a game of jacks or better. It also pays the best. A royal flush hand consists of five cards from the same suit that follow a sequence. For example, Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 all belonging to the hearts’ suite.
- Two to Royal Flush: this refers to a hand that’s two cards away from a complete royal flush hand.
- Three to a Straight Flush: This refers to three cards belonging to the same suite that go in sequential order.
- Four to a Straight: This is four cards that go in order but are not necessarily from the same suite.
- Flush: A flush hand in jacks or better is four cards of the same face value.
- Four to a Flush: When you have a hand consisting of four cards from the same suite.
- Three to a Royal Flush: When you are three cards shy of having a complete royal flush hand.
- Straight Flush: A straight flush consists of five cards that belong to the same suit and go in order. For example, a hand of diamonds with the numbers 2,3,4,5 and 6.
- Four of a Kind: As the name suggests, this is four cards that have the same number, not the same suite. Four number threes for example.
- Full House: A full house hand in jacks or better is one that consists of three of a kind as well as a pair.
There are many other different hand values found in jacks or better. The ones we have mentioned are a few of the popular ones.
Tips to Get You Through the Game
Even the most advanced Jacks or Better players appreciate good tips and tricks to help get them through the game. We’ve shortlisted some of our favourite jacks or better tips below.
- Stick to the cards you’ve been dealt if your cards consist of a full house, two pairs, three, or four of a kind.
- Its best to keep a low pair of cards even if you have three or four cards to a straight.
- If your initial hand consists of a flush or a straight, you can keep the hand unless you are one card shy of reaching a royal flush, then you may risk it.
Other Video Poker Guides
- Video Poker Machines in the US
- How to Play Video Poker
- Tens or Better Video Poker
- Video Poker Rules USA