Philadelphia Man to Sue Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City After Sun Deck Burns Foot
Injury Led to Foot Amputation
Thompson only realized that he had burned his feet after he had returned to his hotel room. A few days later teh Philadelphia Man was rushed to the hospital due to increased pain in his foot, where he was diagnosed with third-degree burns as well as a bacterial infection.
The infection on his left foot proved to be so severe that it necessitated amputation. It has been suggested that more amputations may be required in the future. As a result of this unfortunate situation, Thompson has been forced to leave his job at the Philadelphia Parking Authority.
Harrah’s Resort Says They’re Not Accountable
Harrah’s Resort has denied that they are liable for Thompson’s injury, stating that it came as a result of Thompson’s own negligence and for failing to seek medical treatment sooner. The casino group went on further to state that no other guest had ever complained about the temperature of the pavers used on the sun deck.
Thompson has previously tried to sue other parties in relation to the injury, including the company that designed the sun deck. However, all past lawsuits have proven to be unsuccessful. The trial against Harrah’s Resort is set to begin on April 15.