What is Social Gambling?
Social gambling refers to gambling on social media. With a Facebook and other social media accounts, US punters get to play free slot machines, poker, blackjack, scratch cards and more. But you will be happy to know that you can also play free or real money social casino games at the best US casino sites that we list on our site. In this guide, we discuss the social gambling games that are there to play and tackle how they differ from social casino games. If you’re looking to play games with friends, family or anyone for that matter, online social casino gambling is a much better choice.
In the social media aspect, Facebook stands as one of the most popular social gambling platforms having about 61% punters. Google+ follows with 17% players, then MySpace with 15% and 7% on Bebo. Players in some countries also have an option to play real money poker on Facebook. The game was launched by Zynga, one of the social media gaming giants. Read on for more below!
Play Social Casino Games Online
Social Gambling vs Social Casino Games
Social gambling is playing games on Facebook and other social media platforms. Whereas social casino games are casino games with a social aspect. Usually, table games are regarded social casino games as they can be played by more than one person. At brick-and-mortar casinos, you will find a lot of players on tables, shouting, yelling and having fun. The environment doesn’t differ much online as you can still chat with other players and the dealer. With live games you interact in real time.
When you gamble on social media, you will find a variety of slots, lottery-style games and table games by different providers. Popular social gambling developers include; Zynga, Slotomania, Big Fish, Bingo Blitz and Double Down. Whereas with USA casino sites, games come from top-notch providers such as Microgaming, Betsoft, RealTime Gaming and a whole lot more. More so, the casino sites that we recommend accept US players. There you get to play free and real money social casino slots, table games and also scratch cards among other games. You can play straight from your browser or download the casino app to play.
The Pros and Cons of Social Gambling
Just like with everything else, social gambling has its own pros and cons. Below we discuss the advantages and disadvantages associated with gambling on social media:
- Free play – social gambling allows punters to play games for free. This can help you brush up your gambling skills.
- Play with friends – social gambling games allow players to play against their friends. For instance, on Facebook you can just invite your friends to play a game with.
- Gaming variety – social media platforms also offer quite a lot of games. But they can’t match the gaming library at multiplatform casinos.
- Good games are hard to find – you will have to go through a couple of slot machines to find a good one. This is because any developer can create a slot machine to be played on Facebook and not all of them are of good quality.
- You don’t win real cash – most of the games you will find are strictly demo games. This means you can only play for entertainment and not to get some cash boost.
- Most games are single player games – social gambling games aren’t 100% social. Most of the games allow single players.
- No cash returns on in-game benefits – if you spend real money on in-game benefits, you don’t get it back.
Other Recommended Gambling Guides:
- Legal Gaming Age
- Gambling Superstitions
- Gaming vs Gambling
- How Gambling Works
- Gambling Tips
- Gambling Addiction
- History of Gambling
- US Gambling Laws