Tennis Betting for US Bettors
Tennis betting may seem easy as there are only two players on the court unless it is a doubles match. Each tournament offers bettors several betting opportunities. With no possibility of the match ending in a draw, bettors can bet on which player will win the overall tournament or bet on the individual matches. Tennis betting is a thrilling experience that has a lot of surprises such as when Naomi Osaka beat Serena Williams in the 2018 U.S Open. Another unexpected Grand Slam moment was when Venus Williams lost to 15-year-old Cori ‘Coco’ Gauff at the 2019 Wimbledon opening day.
Whether you are new to the courts or an experienced bettor our guide will help you make decisions that will benefit your bankroll positively. When betting on tennis at online casinos in the US market you need to be sharp and well researched on the players. Bettors have to learn the nuances of how to bet, the types of tennis matches that are available to bet on and all the betting options. If you would like to learn more about tennis betting picks, keep reading!
Top-Rated Tennis Betting Sites
How to Bet on Tennis
If you thought the only important thing in tennis betting prediction is picking a winning player, think again. Knowing where to place a bet is just as important. There are hundreds of sportsbooks on the internet offering bettors a piece of the tennis action. It can get overwhelming finding a sportsbook that caters for all your needs. A part of learning how to bet on tennis includes finding a convenient, easy to use and safe sportsbook that has quick cash out methods.
Once you have found your sportsbook it is important to do research and understand the different players, their skills and how they play on different surfaces. Bettors should always bet when there is value. Having an account with several bookers for more wider range of tennis betting odds.
Types of Tennis Grand Slams
US bettors can bet and enjoy amazing tennis throughout the year. There are four grand slam matches that happen every year. The prestigious titles have high prize pools and fewer surprises. Players regard any of the four grand slam tournaments as they are an important part of their careers. Star players plan their seasons around the grand slams and always participate unless they have sustained an injury.
The top four grand slams are:
- Wimbledon: The Championships is the oldest tennis tournament and takes place in London. The tournament is played on grass and usually takes place mid-year in June or July.
- S Open: The U.S Open is played on a hard-court surface and takes place annually in August.
- French Open: The French open is also known as the Roland Garros. The tournament is a physically demanding tournament as it is played on a slay surface.
- AustralianOpen: The first grand slam of the season takes place in January at Melbourne Park.
Once all the grand slams are done bettors can move on to the other tennis categories. The other tennis categories include the Women’s Tennis associations (WTA), Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). ATP/WTA Doubles Tennis and the ATP Challenge Tennis.
Top Tennis Betting Tips
- In order to improve your chances of winning bettors need to have a strategy. There a few things bettors need to be aware of before placing their money on a match.
- What is the court surface of the match and which player is skilled to play on which court?
- Has the player sustained an injury or is the player in great condition?
- The player left-handed and how have they performed against another player?
- Is the player motivated?
- What is the weather like?
- Have you found the best odds?
Tennis Betting Options
There are several types of wagers in tennis and they may differ from one sportsbook to another. The most common betting options include:
- Outright Winner Bet: The wager requires bettors to predict which player will win the tournament. Another popular outright bet requires the bettor to bet on which player will win the tournament and which player will finish in the top two. This bet is known as the ‘each way’ bet.
- Match Betting: Similar to the outright bet, the match bet requires bettors to place bets on the player who will win an individual match.
- Sets Handicap Betting: The handicap bet gives the underdog an advantage over their opponent for a fair playing field.
- Total Games: The total games bet is equivalent to the Over/Under bet. The bet is made on how many sets it will take for the match to end.
- Prop Bets: Bettors can place bets on things that may happen during the match regardless of who the winner will be. Bettors can bet on whether there will be tie break, what round a specific player will be eliminated, or the total number of games played.
Top Sports Betting Guides