Casinos in Colorado
Casinos in Colorado have to be one of the highlights of the state. Most of the casinos are minutes away from the vibrant capital city. Whether you are a novice player or gambling visitor Colorado does not disappoint on the casino options or gaming variety. Players can pick to spin the reels in American tribal establishments or to play blackjack at the historically impressive central city casino. The casinos in Colorado are spread across seven cities an open all day long.
Colorado is also known as the Centennial state dating back to when it became an official American state. The state has fantastic mountain scenery and rivers, which lead to the state also being called the colourful state. There are several things to do in Colorado and visiting a casino or two is a definite must. The state has lenient gambling laws; however, players will quickly realize that online gambling is not allowed. The significant part is the colourful state has not banned the web gambling and players can play at top US casinos.
Top-rated Casino Sites in Colorado
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best US Online Casino|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play High Country Casino||Best US Online Casino|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Best USA Casino Online|
|Play Irish luck Casino||New Best Payout Casino Online|
|Play Lucky Red Casino|
Gambling Laws in Colorado
Gamblers in Colorado enjoy relaxed gambling policies. The lottery, social, charity, casino gambling is all legal in the state. The gambling industry brings over 700 million dollars in revenue yearly, making it one of the big businesses in the Rocky Mountain state. Under state and federal laws, internet gambling is considered illegal, making it illegal in the state. Another reason for internet gambling being illegal is because Colorado relies heavily on the interstate Wire Act and the UIGEA bill.
The state operates the Colorado Lotto. The states also allow charities to run games of chance. The state’s laws allow racing sites and taverns to hold off-track betting. The state law only recognizes casinos in Black Hawk Cripple Creek and Central City as the only legal casinos in Colorado. Colorado gamblers must be over 21 to play at casinos. in terms of the lottery and charity games, players have to 18 and over.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
The first-ever casino was opened in the state. Brown Saloon was located along the Wyoming and Utah lines and opened in 1822.
The 19th century saw the legalization of horse racing along with greyhound. Tribal casinos were also declared legal round about the same time as charitable bingo and the lottery were permitted. Cripple Creek, Black Hawk and Central City were issued casino licenses following a law that was passed.
Casinos were allowed to operate for 24 hours a day from an 18-hour day. The hours were increased after an expansion that was approved by voters. The betting limit increased to $100. Roulette and craps were permitted in the state differing a law that only allowed skill table games.
Regulatory Bodies in Colorado
Gambling in Colorado falls under four different regulatory boards.
- Colorado Secretary of State is responsible for the bingo and raffle licensing in the state.
- Colorado Division of Gaming is responsible for the regulation of limited gaming in Colorado. The regulatory body investigates casino licenses applicants and monitors those who hold licenses.
- Colorado Division of racing events is responsible for the rules and regulations of horse racing and greyhound in Colorado. the commissions also have final authority on the issuing of racing licenses.
- Indian Gaming Regulatory Act is responsible for all casinos or other gambling establishments which all under the Indian reservations.
- All problem gambling issues fall under the Problem Gambling Coalition of Colorado (PGCC). The PGCC offers players with gambling issues voluntary self-exclusion programs and direct help. The PGCC words with Colorado Gaming Association to help those that have had their lives disrupted by problem gambling.
Colorado’ Best Land Based Casinos
The casinos in Colorado can be found in Black Hawk and Central City only 5 minutes away from each other. Cripple Creek is about 2 hours from the capital city of CO, Denver and hour away from the Colorado Springs. There two tribal casinos in the state that belong to Indian tribes in Towaco and Ignacio. Here are the top five casinos you have to visit when making a trip to Colorado.
- Ameristar Casino Resort is the biggest casino in Colorado, the 71 000 square feet casino has over 1000 gaming machines, table games, and poker table. The property is perfect for ski runs, spa dates, fun at the night club, and betting fun. While you are there pop into star bucks or anyone the other four eateries.
- Isle of Capri Hotel Casino is one of the best casinos found in black hawk. The 43 000 square feet casino offers players over 1000 gaming machines and table games. Address: 401 Main Street, Black Hawk, Colorado.
- Bronco Billy is one of the biggest casinos in a Cripple creek. The casino was recently approved for a 300 000 or so expansion. The casino currently overs hundreds of gaming machines and table games. Address: 233 East Bennett Avenue, Cripple Creek, Colorado
- Sky Ute Casino is a stunning tribal casino that has over 400 slot machines, and that isn’t all. From poker tables to casino favourites the 45 00 square feet casino overlooks the Los Pinos River. Address: 14324 Hwy 172 North Ignacio, Colorado 81137.
- Century Casino Central City is 60 000 square feet casino with over 400 gaming machines, table games and poker tables. Enjoy a meal at one of two restaurants, and if you are too exhausted to drive book yourself a room at the hotel on the property. Address: 102 Main Street, Central City, Colorado.
State Casino Stats
Colorado is a gambling friendly state and there is plenty of gambling options to choose from. See the casino statistics below for a breakdown of the gambling industry in Colorado
|Number of regulated casinos||38|
|Number of Tribal casinos||2|
|Number of Table Games||220|
|Number of Slots||14346|
|Number of Poker Tables||118|
|Number of Sportbooks||0|
Other Recommended States Casinos Guides:
- Casinos in Alabama
- Casinos in Alaska
- Casinos in Arizona
- Casinos in Arkansas
- Casinos in California
- Casinos in Connecticut
- Casinos in Delaware
- Casinos in Florida
- Casinos in Georgia
- Casinos in Hawaii
- Casinos in Idaho
- Casinos in Illinois
- Casinos in Indiana
- Casinos in Iowa
- Casinos in Kansas
- Casinos in Kentucky
- Casinos in Louisiana
- Casinos in Maine
- Casinos in Massachusetts
- Casinos in Maryland
- Casinos in Michigan
- Casinos in Minnesota
- Casinos in Mississippi
- Casinos in Missouri
- Casinos in Montana
- Casinos in Nebraska
- Casinos in Nevada
- Casinos in New Jersey
- Casinos in New Hampshire
- Casinos in New Mexico
- Casinos in New York
- Casinos in North Carolina
- Casinos in North Dakota
- Casinos in Ohio
- Casinos in South Dakota
- Casinos in Tennessee
- Casinos in Texas
- Casinos in Utah
- Casinos in Vermont
- Casinos in Virginia
- Casino in Washington
- Casinos in West Virginia
- Casinos in Wisconsin
- Casinos in Wyoming