Casinos in Florida
Is it a trip to Florida if you don’t visit any casinos in Florida? Well known for its theme parks, beaches, universal studios and the oh-so-amazing Disney world, Florida is one of the best tourist destinations. Casino in the sunshine state incorporates the entertainment aspect of the best destinations that can be found in FL. Offering top gambling casinos and poker rooms that accommodate all kinds of players.
Regardless of where your next stop is from Tallahassee the next city with a casino is only a couple of hours away. The best detour is picking a casino in Orlando, Florida and spending some time spinning reels before heading to the beach. The best part about gambling in the state of Florida is the lenient gambling rules and the number of casinos offering the most loved casino games in America. Whether you are playing at a casino in Tampa, Florida or trying your luck in Miami, all the casinos in Florida are not too far great attractions. Read our guide on casinos in Florida for more info in all the popular gambling spots in FL.
Florida’s Leading Casino Sites
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
|User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Old Havana|
|Great Payment Options|
|Play All Star Slots|
|One of the Best Slots site in America|
Gambling Laws in Florida
The lawmakers in Florida are not the only people who can decide terms of the gambling industry. The voters are also included in the decisions regarding gambling laws. A perfect example is the Amendments to the legislation that involved the voters.
Amendment 3 makes it difficult for companies to erect gambling establishments in the state. The voters approved the bill. Amendment 13 also approved by voters was set up to ban greyhound in Florida.
The age restriction is Florida is dependent on whether or not the casino services alcohol or not. When playing at a casino that serves liquor requires players to be 21 and over. Playing at casinos where no alcohol is served, players have to be 18 and over. In terms of casino games, players can play the lottery at 18 and 21 to play casino games.
Online gambling is still seen as illegal in the state. However, this may change soon. There are no laws that currently prohibit gamblers in Florida from betting online, and the state does not have its own regulated web casinos. Players can play at regulated offshore casinos.
There is no shortage of land-based casinos in the state and players legally enjoy taking part in the state lottery, bingo and all the table game favorites.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
Gambling in the 1800s
The Bacchus club casino was opened however it was referred to as an illegal casino.
Gambling in the 1900s
The casino gambling referendum was defeated in 1978, 1986 and 1994 is Miami- Dade and Broward. 1979 saw the opening of the bingo hall by the Seminole Tribe on their reservation land. Games that were legalized in the 19th century include horse racing, slot machines, bingo and the lottery. Some of the games were banned only from being re-legalized later in the 20th century.
Gambling in the 2000s
Finally, in 2014 the referendum that allows casino gambling in Miami- Dade and Broward is passed. The laws regulating the minimum poker bet is relaxed. Internet cafes are banned as they are believed to be a front for illegal gambling games. Florida voters approve Amendment 3.
Florida Dept of Business and Prof. Regulation handles all the regulating and licensing of all gambling establishments in the state. Apart from the department, there are four central gaming regulatory agencies in Florida
- Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering regulates cardrooms, horse racing and slot machine gaming.
- Florida Lottery aims to operate a fair and secure lottery in the state.
- Seminole Tribal Gaming Commission regulates six native American casinos
- Miccosukee Tribal Gaming Commission regulates one native casino.
Types of casinos in Florida
Players in Florida can choose from one of three gambling places in Florida. There are tribal casinos, riverboats as well as the gaming machines as pari-mutuels. The casinos offer players all the classic gambling options and while the casino boats also offer the classics while cruising offshore where casino gambling is permitted. The state has eight Indian casinos in Florida. Seven of the casinos belong to the Seminole Tribe, and the eight is on the Miccosukee tribes land. The Seminole casino offer Class III gaming machines and the Miccosukee casino offers Class II gaming machines.
Florida’s Best Land Based Casinos
There are several regulated bricks and mortar casinos in the states with most casinos offer all the gambling favourites. We know it can get overwhelming, trying to find the perfect casino to suit all your needs. Our experts have narrowed your search down to the top five casinos in Florida.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa has to be one of the most popular casinos in the state. The casino us over 200 000 square feet with over 4000 casino games in the form of slots, table games and poker tables. The amenities include various lounges, spa, hotel and a hard rock café. Address: 5223 Orient Road, Tampa, Florida.
- Miccosukee Resort and Gaming has over 2000 gaming machines, poker tables and table games. Visitors can play all their fave casino games, pool spa, and for the parents, there is a teen arcade to keep the little ones entertained. Address: 500 S.W. 177th Avenue, Miami, Florida
- Seminole Coconut Creek Casino has one of the biggest casino floors in the state sitting on 100 000 square feet. The casino has over 2000 gaming machines, table games and poker tables. Address: 5550 Northwest 40th Street, Coconut Creek, Florida
- Daytona Beach Racing and Card Club is the perfect casino to spend summer days. The 53 000 square feet casino specializes in poker and racing. The entertainment establishment also has excellent dining spots. Address: 960 S Williamson Boulevard Daytona Beach, Florida 32114
- Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park is not far from the Pompano Beach and offers players more than 1000 casino games and poker tables. The casino has amazing eateries, and visitors can book themselves in at the casino hotel if it gets too late to drive home. Address: 777 Isle of Capri Circle, Pompano Beach, Florida.
Players are not limited to the land-based casinos as the state still as boat casino operating. The best boat casino in the state has to be Victory Casino Cruises. The casino floor on the casino is over 40000 square feet and has over 600 slot machines and table games. Address: 180 Christopher Columbus Drive, Cape Canaveral, Florida
State Casino Stats
Florida has a booming gambling industry with a number of gaming machines and poker tables spread across several cities.
|Number of regulated casinos||40|
|Number of Horse Tracks||7|
|Number of Table Games||875|
|Number of Slots||25971|
|Number of Poker Tables||879|
|Number of Sportbooks||12|