Casinos in Kansas
Casinos in Kansas are the best place to gamble in the Midwestern USA. Gambling laws in the state are more lenient than in most states. Residents or visitors of the state can choose a number of casino games as most games are legal. You won’t even have to leave Topeka, the capital city of Kansas, to spin the reels. Kansas has over 60 cities and only has nine casinos spread across seven cities.
Kansas is one of the states where there are casinos in all the popular cities. One of the biggest casinos in the sunflower state is located in Wichita. Not only do you gamble in the city, but you can do some beer tasting or visit the old Cowtown museum. Wichita is only half an hour away from the biggest casino in the state.
It essential to know all the gambling legalities of any state before you place a wager. Spending your evenings doing research on the state and trying to find the legal gambling establishment can be a daunting experience. We have put together a guide on the Indian casinos in Kansas as well as the state-owned establishments. Read on for the gambling authenticities in KS.
Best Casino Sites in Kansas
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
|User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Old Havana|
|Great Payment Options|
|Play All Star Slots|
|One of the Best Slots site in America|
Gambling Laws in Kansas
Kansas gambling laws permit several forms of gambling, allowing gamblers in KS room to choose gambling forms that suit them best. Players can choose from gambling in state-owned establishments or casinos owned by Native Americans. Land-based gambling in Kansas includes the lottery, horse race betting, poker, table games and dog race betting. Daily Fantasy sports betting, as well as web-based gambling, is in the grey area.
The state is highly protective of its gambling industry and is very strict with its illegal gambling laws. Kansas regards unlicensed lottery tickets, roulette wheels or slot machines as unlawful gambling confines. Running a bingo operation or conducting the lottery unlawfully is considered a misdemeanour.
Where web-based gambling is involved, Kansas does not have any laws in place that either ban or allow players to gamble on the internet. Internet gambling is unregulated in the state, and no gamblers have been prosecuted for placing bets on the internet. Kansas considered gambling illegal if players bet on the result of games that are not licensed in the state. Players are encouraged to play at licensed and regulated offshore casino sites that allow US players.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
Gambling in the 1800s
Gambling tables and gambling devices are outlawed; however, the state allows certain state fair games.
Gambling in the 1900s
The 19th century saw bingo, lottery and pari-mutuel wagering on dog and horse racing get legalized in the state. The state then allowed four Native American tribes to build casinos on their land.
Gambling in the 2000s
The lottery act was expanded, allowing for the erection of state-owned casinos. A bill to ban web-based gambling and race track slot machines fail
Regulatory Bodies in Kansas
Gambling in Kansas is regulated by the Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission. The commission solely deals with state-owned casinos and pari-mutuel racetrack gambling. The KRGC aims to ensure its gambling facilities are conducted honestly.
The Kansas Lottery Gaming Facility Review Board regulates the state lottery. The board is made up of seven members. The committee was put together after the Kansas legislature passed the Kansas lottery act in the law.
Responsible gambling takes seriously in the state so much so that the KRGC offers several programs that can help problem gambling. The office responsible for gambling works with the casinos to ensure that there are problem gambling plans which are implemented and set in place appropriately. The state runs a voluntary exclusion program. The Kansas problem gambling help offers help to problem gamblers, their families and friends.
Top Land Based Casinos in Kansas
Kansas does not fall short on fantastic casinos to visit. One of the best casinos that aren’t on our list of casinos in Kansas is the Ameristar Casino Hotel, which is located on the Kansas City border. For offer, the best slots and table games here are our top five casinos in Kansas
- Hollywood Casino Kansas City is the biggest casino in the KS. The casino offers gamblers exciting entertainment all year round within the gambling areas and away from poker tables. The 100 000 square feet casino has over 2000 gaming machines, table games and several poker tables. The amenities include a gorgeous casino hotel, and visitors can choose to dine at any of the five restaurants at the establishment. Players can get some air while cheering for their favourite NASCAR team at the Kansas Speedway. Address: 777 Hollywood Casino Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas
- Kansas Star Casino is one of the larger casinos in KS. The casino offers over 1800 gaming machines, table games and poker tables. The casino floor is a little over 100 000 square feet. There are five restaurants, a live poker room and a Kansas Star Arena visitor have to see. Address: 777 Kansas Star Drive, Mulvane, Kansas
- 7th Street Casino is only 20 000 square feet; however, the tribal casino is not short on entertainment or fun slots. The casino has three restaurants, and although there aren’t any unique amenities, the casino often offers players tons of promotions. Address: 777 North 7th Street Trafficway Kansas City, Kansas
- Boot Hill Casino & Resort is a 24 000 square feet casino with over 700 gaming machines, table games and the casino has a poker room. The casino only has three restaurants. The casino may not have its own hotel; however, the casino works closely with several hotels and has a stay and play which offers free play, and the amount depends on the hotel. Address: 4000 W Comanche St, Dodge City, Kansas
- Prairie Band Casino & Resort is a 35 000 square feet casino with four restaurants, golf course and bar. There are over 1200 slot machines and table games. Visitors can enjoy live entertainment and time out at the resort. Address: Prairie Band Casino, 12305 150th Road, Mayetta, Kansas
State Casino Stats
The two casino types in Kansas are state-owned casinos and native casinos. Kansas City is the only city with more than one casino.
|Number of regulated casinos||9|
|Number of Horse Tracks||1|
|Number of Table Games||165|
|Number of Slots||11405|
|Number of Poker Tables||44|