Casinos in Kentucky
The casinos in Kentucky are not as you may think. Are there casinos in Kentucky? Yes. However, there are no Native American owned casinos or commercial state-owned gambling establishments. There aren’t many gambling enterprises in Kentucky. The state offers pari-mutuel betting in its establishments. Slot fanatics won’t be able to spin popular reels in the state.
The Bluegrass State is known for its great outdoors, bourbon trail, Mohammed Ali Centre and horse racing experiences. Some of the must-visit destinations in Kentucky are home to the best gambling establishments. Not only will you be able to try your luck at horse racing betting but you’ll experience the state and it all wonders,
The casinos in Kentucky offer slots like racing betting machines, which are instant. At first glance, the machines resemble slots; however, they aren’t. It doesn’t end there. The Bluegrass State has prohibited a number of gambling forms. Read our best casino site guide to find all the illegal casino games as well as familiarize yourself with the state’s gambling laws.
Leading casino sites in Kentucky
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|VISIT Bovegas Casino|
|Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|VISIT Irish luck Casino|
|User-friendly Casino Site!|
|VISIT Cafe Casino|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|VISIT Old Havana|
|Great Payment Options|
|VISIT All Star Slots|
|One of the Best Slots site in America|
Gambling Laws in Kentucky
Several gambling forms in Kentucky are considered illegal, leaving gamblers with very little choice. The gambling forms which are legal in the state include the lottery, betting on horse races, charity gaming, and social gambling. Unfortunately, casino games such as roulette, blackjack, and craps are not legal in the state. Players are also prohibited from playing poker and betting on sports while in Kentucky. The legal gambling forms are highly regulated state-appointed commissions.
Kentucky prohibits gamblers from running online poker rooms or internet casinos from within the state borders. There are no laws that prohibit gamblers from playing their favorite casino games at offshore casino sites while in the state as they have not banned internet gambling.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
The inaugural Kentucky Derby was held in 1875. The 1800s also saw the state of Kentucky ban all gambling forms apart from horse racing.
The legalization of pari-mutuel betting was made legal in 1920. In 1931, a ban on horse racing betting was prohibited by the high court. The 19th century also saw the first lottery draw and the relaxation of laws concerning charitable games.
The state prohibits a bill that would aim at providing slots in various Kentucky locations. The legalization of casino gambling is shot down by the state. Lawmakers push for sports betting, and the bill gains momentum from multiple supporters.
Regulatory Bodies in Kentucky
The Department of Charitable Gaming ensures that all charitable gaming in Kentucky is used as a feasible fundraising mechanism and nothing more. The department works with various charities to ensure that charity games are fair and safe while making money for their respective causes.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulates horse racing and pari-mutuel betting on horse races. The commission is focused on the ban of steroids, horse-related rules, animal welfare, licensing and amending laws.
The state lottery is regulated by the Kentucky Lottery with the aims of using all lottery proceeded to fund scholarships and education assistance.
For problem gambling-related issues, the Kentucky Council on problem gambling is available for all Kentuckians. The council connects gamblers with Gamblers Anonymous or certified counselor referrals.
Kentucky’ Best Land Based Casinos
Casinos in Kentucky do not offer novice American gamblers much; however, the state has excellent horse racing establishments. There are top five gambling spots in Kentucky are the following:
- Red Mile is the biggest casino in Kentucky. The establishment has over 900 gaming machines, live racing, five restaurants and a wide variety of entertainment amenities. The casino one of the oldest harness track in the world. The casino is a great entertainment destination. Address: 1200 Red Mile Rd, Lexington, Kentucky
- Ellis Park is the perfect place to do some horse race wagering and try out racing machines. The establishment has two restaurants and recommends that all visitors stay the night at Drury Hotels. Address: 3300 US Highway 41 North, Henderson, Kentucky.
- Derby City Gaming offers players 1000 state of the art racing machines. Players can dine at any of the two eateries or have a drink at the bar. Address: 4520 Poplar Level Road, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Kentucky Downs Casino has over 60 different racing machine titles, great entertainment, three restaurants and fun bingo games. For horse racing fanatics, Kentucky Downs race track host live races and offers simulcasting. The establishment is a favorite in the state. Address: 5629 Nashville Road, Franklin, Kentucky
- Churchill Downs is a racetrack that offers gamblers live horse racing. The establishment has one dining area, and the closest hotels can be found in and around the city of Louisville. Address: 700 Central Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky
State Casino Stats
All the racetracks in Kentucky are allowed to offer players racing gaming machines.
|Number of regulated casinos||0|
|Number of Horse Tracks||6|
|Number of Table Games||0|
|Number of Gaming Machines||2612|
|Number of Poker Tables||0|
|Number of Sportbooks||0|