Casinos in Nevada
When you think gambling in the US, casinos in Nevada have to be at the first thing that pops into your mind. The casinos in Nevada are one of the best tourist attractions in the United States. Gambling tourists, novice and seasoned players, as well as curious beginners, usually name Las Vegas as the gambling destination of their dreams. Not only is there a variety of casinos to choose from, but Nevada is by far the most gambling-friendly state. The largest casino in the United States may not be in Nevada. However, there are quite a few notable casinos in the state. Nevada is by far the state that sets the gambling bar in the USA. Nevada casinos are the brightest, most fun and unforgettable part of every visitors’ trip to the state.
There are only two parts of the state that is gambling free; hard to believe, right? Well, Boulder City and Panaca in Nevada have outlawed gambling. Residents of both communities have to travel to nearby cities to place bets on their favourite casino games. Nevada may be gambling; however, the state does have rules and regulations that all gamblers have to abide by at these top US casinos. Read our gambling guide on the state of Nevada to find out all about the gambling legislation.
Top casino sites in Nevada USA
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Cafe Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Irish luck Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Old Havana|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play All Star Slots|
Gambling Laws in Nevada
Unlike in many other states, Nevada clearly states which forms of internet gambling are legal and which are illegal. Nevada legalized gambling in 2013 for both state-run internet gambling sites as well as offshore gambling sites. Gamblers in Nevada have plenty of gambling options ranging from land-based casinos to web-based wagering sites.
Internet gambling is known as interactive gaming in Nevada. The form of gambling was introduced in the 20th century. The laws surrounding web-based gambling allow players to enjoy internet poker games within state borders.
For a state that offers almost all gambling forms, it is odd that the lottery is not legal in Nevada. Players will not be able to buy lottery tickets or play the game on the internet. Apart from the lottery, gamblers can enjoy casino, social, tribal, charitable and online gambling legally. Daily fantasy sports are also legal in the state along with horse racing.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
Gambling in the 1900s
In 1931, the first gambling bills were signed into law as a way of attracting new residents to Nevada after the Great Depression. Lawmakers agreed on making horse racing and team sports betting legal. The gambling regulatory bodies were created in the 19th century to help with the regulation of the budding gambling industry.
State regulators were focused on growing the gambling industry by allowing public corporations to own facilities, creating exciting entertainment and gaming options.
Gambling in the 2000s
Gambling in Nevada was legalized in the 20th century, making it the first state in the United States to legalize gambling. The century also saw Nevada reinterpret the Federal wire act of 1961, endorse poker regulations and overturn the federal ban that was placed on sports betting.
Gambling Regulatory Bodies in Nevada
The biggest gambling destination in the state has an organizational structure that is deemed the best in not only the US but the world. Gaming in Nevada is regulated by the Nevada State Gaming Control Board as well as the Nevada Gaming Commission. The state’s governor appoints members of the board and the commission. It can get a bit confusing on which regulatory body does what.
The Nevada State Gaming Control Board handles the day to day control and administration of the gaming industry in the state. The board is dived into the admirations, tax, investigations, enforcement, audit and electronic services divisions. The Nevada Gaming Commission deals with the issuing of the gaming licenses in the State. The commission also approves regulations according to the Nevada Gaming Control Act and arbitrates gaming tax disputes and disciplinary activities.
Best Land Based Casinos in Nevada
With the hundreds of casino establishments players can choose from, we understand that it may be a daunting experience trying to find the best land-based casino. Worry not! Our team, of experts, has put together a list of the top five casinos in Nevada which players can pick from.
- The Bellagio Hotel and Casino is one of the most elegant casinos in the State. The casino is a favourite amongst veteran gamblers and novice gamblers. Apart from the over 2000 gaming machines, table games and poker tables, the casinos have a large number of amnesties. Players can enjoy time out at the pools, spa, nightlife and have over ten restaurants to dine at. If that isn’t all gamblers, get neck and shoulder rubs while they play at their favourite tables. Address: Bellagio Hotel Casino, 3600 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Caesars Palace is minutes away from the Las Vegas Strip. The casino has a 130 000 square feet casino floor complete with over 1300 slot machines, table games and poker tables. Visitors can dine at one of the 12 restaurants, and there several attractions to enjoy after cashing in at your favourite slot. Address: 3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas.
- NevadaAria Resort & Casino Las Vegas is one of the casinos in Nevada with over 200 gaming machines, table games and poker tables. The casino is one of the more abundant ones in the state and offers over ten dining options. The resort offers fun and relaxing amenities, hotel and attractions, such as Art at Aria. Address: 3730 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Wynn Las Vegas is one of the largest casinos in the state; however, the casino does not have the largest gaming floor. The Wynn has over 2000 gambling options, ten eateries, a spa, hotel, golf course, and so much more. The casino is one of the best gambling destinations and it is not short on games or entertainment. Address: 3131 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- MGM Grand Resort Casino is a popular gambling spot for Nevada residents or visiting gamblers. Offering over 1700 slot machines, poker tables and table games, the casino has one of the trendiest casino floors. Players can look forward to several dining spots, great amenities and a fabulous hotel to stay over at. Address: 3799 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada.
State Casino Stats
The casinos in Nevada are spread across 46 cities. The gambling hub, Las Vegas is home to almost 170 casinos. The state as a whole brings in an estimated 11 billion in gambling revenue with the Las Vegas Strip bringing a large sum of the income.
|Number of regulated casinos||330|
|Number of Table Games||5910|
|Number of Slots||165731|
|Number of Poker Tables||648|
|Number of Sportbooks||200|