Casinos in New Jersey
Casinos in New Jersey along with the state lottery are responsible for a billion dollars in revenue. Earning over $USD 3 billion the New Jersey Lottery has managed to part with over 900 million which went back to the state. The gambling industry in the state is exceptionally lucrative. Home to Atlantic City, which is the state’s largest gambling city in New Jersey and has the most casinos and annually reels in billions of dollars in revenue.
Gambling in New Jersey was banned for almost four decades. However, the state quickly recovered from the ban and has since become one of the top ten most substantial gambling states in the USA. In all fairness, no American state can compete with the flashing lights and mega resorts in Vegas. However, Atlantic City, New Jersey, is right at the top of the list where gambling destinations are concerned.
The Garden State is popular for its great food, resort cities, historic sites, and culture. The state also regards its casinos as one of the top things to do when in town. You can plan your trip around the great gambling establishments, beaches, events or shopping spots. The best part is you can enjoy a good game of blackjack or slots all from your mobile.
Leading Casino Sites in New Jersey
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
|User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Old Havana|
|Great Payment Options|
|Play All Star Slots|
|One of the Best Slots site in America|
Gambling Laws in New Jersey
The gambling laws in New Jersey are incredibly lenient, which makes leeway for a wide variety of gambling options in the state. Casino gambling, poker, bingo, lottery and sports betting are some of the legalized gambling options in New Jersey. To enjoy the online variation of the game’s gamblers, have to be with the state borders. Unfortunately, web-based sports betting is not legal in New Jersey.
Atlantic city is a popular gambling city that places New Jersey at the top of the gambling destination in the USA like Nevada. It’s no surprise why New Jersey is one of the three states that has legalized internet gambling. New Jersey offers a broader Gaming market than Nevada and Delaware. New Jersey’s government internet gambling site features five operators that have been approved by lawmakers. The approved operators include Tropicana, Borgata, Golden Nugget, Caesars Interactive and Resorts Casino. In between these five operates, there are 19 domains that offer tons of variety for players.
To gambling in New Jersey players, have to be 21 and over. All gamblers have to be located within the state borders; however, the players need not be New Jersey residents.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
Gambling in the 1800s
Before the ban of all gambling the state, pari-mutuel gambling betting was allowed at the Monmouth Park when a racetrack was opened in 1870. Gambling was outlawed for almost 40 years
Gambling in the 1900s
The 19th century saw the re-legalization of pari-mutuel betting after the four-decade ban. Bingo, raffles and the state lottery are legalized backed by a voter referendum. Another referendum approved the legalization of casinos but only in Atlantic City.
Gambling in the 2000s
New Jersey becomes one of the states in the US to legalize internet gambling, daily fantasy sports, sports betting.
Gambling Regulatory Bodies in New Jersey
The New Jersey Casino Control Commission is in charge of licensing casinos in New Jersey as well as regulating the land-based casinos. A separate board regulates the lottery in New Jersey from the casino games and web-based gambling establishments. The Lottery Commission and Legislation police the lottery.
Web-based gambling in New Jersey is regulated by the Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE). The DGE aims at ensuring that all games are conducted fairly, the integrity of all information systems, screening of license applications and monitoring for violations.
New Jersey’s Best Land Based Casinos
New Jersey is one of the states in the US, where finding the best casino is one of the hardest things to do. There are so many great options to choose from. We have tried to narrow down the search. Boy was it a tough decision. With that being said, here are the top five casinos in New Jersey complete with the address.
- Hard Rock Casino at Meadowlands is the biggest casino in New Jersey. The 200 000 square feet casino floor features over 5000 gaming machines, tables games and poker tables. Players looking to stay the night can check-in at the hotel. While in at the property spend time at the pool, spa, fitness centre or dining at one of the 12 eateries. There is plenty to do at Hard Rock which is why the casino is loved so much. Address: 50 New Jersey 120, East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Ballys Atlantic City is one of the popular gambling spots in New Jersey with over 2000 gaming machines, table games and poker tables. The casino is minutes away from the North Atlantic Ocean, has a country club, spa bar and many more facilities. No appetite is too big or too picky as the casino has over ten different restaurants to choose from. Address: 1900 Pacific Avenue, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa offers visitors the complete vacation treatment. From a 160 000 square feet casino with more than 3000 gaming favourites, to a hotel, spa, night club and shopping. That isn’t all. Visitors can choose to dine at the casual or elegant dining spots. Address: Borgata Hotel Casino, 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City offers over 2000 casino games over a 156 000 square feet casino floor. Players will find a spa, business and fitness centre amongst the amenities as well as over a dozen eateries. Address: 777 Harrah’s Boulevard, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Tropicana Casino & Resort Atlantic City has a casino floor that is over 120 000 square feet with over 2000 gaming machines, poker tables and other casino games. The amenities at the resort include a fitness centre, pool, golf, salon and so much floor. There are over a dozen restaurants to choose from overlooking the Sargasso Sea. Address: 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
State Casino Stats
The casinos in Garden City are spread across six cities. Five of the casinos in New Jersey are also the five operators with internet-based casinos.
|Number of regulated casinos||9|
|Number of Horse Tracks||4|
|Number of Table Games||1400|
|Number of Gaming Machines||24600|
|Number of Poker Tables||276|
|Number of Sportbooks||12|