Best Casinos in North Dakota
Whether you are an experienced gambler or beginner visiting casinos in North Dakota should be at the top of your list. The Vegas-styled casinos are sure to keep visitors or residents of the state entertained for hours. The state does not have an extensive list of casinos. However, the handful that the state has brought in over $US100 million in gambling revenue.
North Dakota is incredibly proud of its casinos. The state has listed its casinos as on the things visitors and residents have to when exploring the state. Also popular for its outdoor activities, culture, local attractions and local flair, the state is not short of places to see and things to do.
All the casinos in North Dakota are located on Native American land after a law was passed in 1992. The gambling laws permit casinos; however, they have to be on native land. Where gambling is involved, the state has few more laws and regulations. These can be in the guide along with the top casinos in the state.
Best casino sites in North Dakota
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Cafe Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Irish luck Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Old Havana|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play All Star Slots|
Gambling Laws in North Dakota
There is a wide variety of gambling options in North Dakota. For a relatively same state, the gambling presence is significate. The gambling laws in the state permit casino gambling, which includes a number of table games. Other gambling forms in the state include tribal gambling, poker, horse racing, charity gambling and online gambling. Scratch cards are not permitted in North Dakota
Web-based gambling in North Dakota is in the grey area. The state has not addressed whether or not online gambling is reconsidered illegal or legal. None often gambling laws reference web-based gambling, which in short allows gamblers in North Dakota to place bets at offshore gaming sites that accept US players.
Gamblers in North Dakota have to be 18 and over to place bets are bingo halls or to the lottery. For gamblers to place bets at land-based casinos or any sportsbooks in the state, players have t be 21 and above.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
Gambling in the 1900s
North Dakota licensed each game of chance separately targeting charities and fundraising charities. The law was expanded to allow charity poker tournaments and horseracing was done for a good cause. The late 19th century saw the government reach an agreement that allowed for the erection of five tribal casinos.
Gambling in the 2000s
The lottery was allowed after the amendment of the constitution. A bill that would legalize web-based poker was rejected. The North Dakota House Judiciary went against a House bill that would permit six commercial casinos.
Regulatory Bodies in North Dakota
Two gambling regulatory bodies in North Dakota oversee all the gaming activities in the state. The North Dakota State Gaming Commission currently regulates 18 gambling properties. The commission also issues gambling licenses in the state.
Unfortunately, compulsive gambling is one of the issues each state has to deal with whether or not the state has a casino. Gambler ND supports individuals who are dealing with compulsive gambling. The organization aims to educate, research and promote awareness for problem gambling. Problem gamblers will be able to find resources and treatment that can deal with their problems.
North Dakota’s Best Land Based Casinos
North Dakota has a handful of casinos to choose from. This doesn’t mean that finding the perfect casino will not be overwhelming. To narrow down the search, here are the top five casinos in North Dakota offering the best casino games and entertainment.
- Dakota Magic Casino and Hotel is the largest casino in North Dakota. The 60 000-casino floor has over 1000 gaming machines and table games. Visitors can enjoy live entertainment, day out playing golf or dining at any of the four restaurants. The casino also runs monthly promotions players can take advantage of. Address: 16849 102nd Street Southeast, Hankinson, North Dakota
- 4bears Casino and Lodge is one of the best gambling destinations in the state. The casino has a 120 000-casino floor. Players will find over 700 casino games, a hotel, a poker room and four restaurants. The casino also runs weekly promotions for players. Address: 202 Frontage Road, New Town, North Dakota
- Spirit Lake Casino is minutes away from devil’s lake. The 45 000 square feet casino floor is jam-packed with over 700 casino games. Players planning on spending the night can check-in at the lodge and all players can dine on of three restaurants.
- Sky Dancer Casino and Resort has a casino floor with over 800 games. The casino amenities include an event center, restaurants, Hotel, gift shop and a lounge. Address: 3965 Sky Dancer Way NE, Belcourt, North Dakota
- Prairie Knights Casino & Resort offers players blackjack, craps, slots, roulette and many more casino games. Open for 24 hours a day. The casino has a jam-packed events calendar. Other amenities on the casino include a lodge, a marina, five restaurants and campgrounds. Address: 7932 Highway 24 North, Fort Yates, North Dakota
State Casino Stats
North Dakota, a number of gambling establishments; however, not all these facilities are casinos. There are over 20 gambling establishments in North Dakota. Eleven of these establishments are located in Fargo.
|Number of regulated casinos||6|
|Number of Horse Tracks||1|
|Number of Table Games||111|
|Number of Gaming Machines||35309|
|Number of Poker Tables||120|
|Number of Sportbooks||1|