Casinos in Washington
Gambling in casinos in Washington promises hours of fun. The state has a number of land-based casinos that are scattered across several locations in the state. Each venue boasts views of great lakes, and is minutes away from local attractions and must-see historical sites. The largest casinos in Washington make for great holiday getaways where you can expect large gaming floors, restaurants, resorts, hotels, golf courses and so much more.
Online gambling in Washington however, is a different story. Internet gambling is prohibited by law in the state of Washington. The Washington Revised Code prevents players as well as operators from participating or running any kind of online gambling activity. All those who disobeys this law will be charged with a Class C felony.
In this article you can expect more information about gambling laws in Washington. We also share some of our picks for best casinos in Washington and all the gaming experiences you can expect there.
Best Casinos in Washington
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best US Online Casino|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play High Country Casino||Best US Online Casino|
|Play Lucky Hippo Casino||Best USA Casino Online|
|Play Rich Palms Casino||New Best Payout Casino Online|
|Play Lucky Red||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
To Full List of Best USA Online Casinos
Top Casinos in Washington State
Finding the perfect casino in Washington may take a while as the state has a number of casinos. To help you narrow down the search here are our top five picks of the best casinos in Washington.
- 7 Cedars Casino – This is one of the largest casinos in Washington. The casino is packed with table games, poker tables, slot and bingo games. 7 Cedars Casino is minutes away from Sequim Bay and other attractions including the golf course, calendar long events, multiple restaurants and much more. Address: 270756 Highway 101, Sequim, Washington.
- Tulalip Resort Casino – Washington is perfect if you are looking for a getaway. Tulalip Resort is jampacked with over 2000 slots machines, 35 table games, poker tables and bingo games. Visitors can dine at any of the 8 restaurants, enjoy live entertainment and stay over at the resort. Address: 10200 Quil Ceda Blvd, Tulalip, Washington.
- Snoqualmie Casino – This casino prides itself in offering one of a kind gaming. The casino floor has over 1700 slot machines, keno games and Vegas styled table games. Players can enjoy entertainment at the two-tier venues, and when you have worked up an appetite you can visit one of the 6 restaurants. Address: 37500 SE North Bend Way, Snoqualmie, Washington.
- Muckleshoot Casino – Muckelshoot Casino has the largest gaming floor in the state. The casino offers players over 3000 gaming machines as well as table games, keno, lottery, off-track betting and poker tables. players will find several restaurants, bars and banquets at Muckleshoot. Address: 2402 Auburn Way South, Auburn, Washington.
- Northern Quest Resort and Casino – This casino has a Vegas-styled gaming floor that is 59 000 square feet. The casino opens 24 hours a day with over 1 600 slots, keno games, poker rooms and tables. The tables games include blackjack, roulette, craps and all the other favourites. The casino also a number of amenities offering hours of entertainment and fun. Address: 100 North Hayford Road Airway Heights, Washington.
Types of Gambling Allowed in the State
Washington has a large number of tribal casinos that’s spread over the western and eastern parts of the city. The casinos are rather small establishments and currently only offers table games.
Charities that have the right licensing are allowed to offer bingo games and raffles. There are very specific guidelines that indicate what constitutes as charitable gaming. The organization must have been operating for over a year and the all proceeds received from the event must go towards a good cause.
Washington, like many other states in the USA offers lottery games. Its offering includes Powerball, Mega Millions, scratch cards, hit 5 and daily keno.
Poker tables are quite a lot in Washington with over 300. This is more than what we see in other states.
Horse racing is legal in the state of Washington. Greyhound racing however, is not.
Washington Casino Stats
Players gambling in the state have to be 18 years of age and over. Gambling in Washington is done in tribal casinos as well as pari-mutuel facilities. The establishments is spread across 64 cities.
|Number of regulated casinos||29|
|Number of Horse Tracks||2|
|Number of Table Games||1167|
|Number of Gaming Machines||35200|
|Number of Poker Tables||275|
|Number of Sportbooks||0|
Gambling Laws in Washington
The gambling laws in Washington are extremely harsh. Web based casino games and poker are regarded as a felony. There have been cases where residents have been prosecuted for operating daily fantasy sports within the state boarders. The criminal code in Washington is clear and does not leave anything to the imagination.
Violations of the code include offering greyhound racing, offering gambling without a licence, betting at illegal operations, cheating in a licensed gambling establishment, working at illegal operations and using illegal equipment. Daily Fantasy sports and internet gambling are illegal forms of gambling in Washington. Players and operators of the gambling forms will be prosecuted and fined according to the gambling laws.
The state may have a list of all the gambling don’ts however, there are various legal gambling options in the state. Casino, tribal, social and charitable gambling is allowed in the state. The lottery, poker and horse race betting are also legal in the state. Washington dc casinos slots are not as you would find in other casinos in the US. The gaming machines are known as ‘Tribal Lottery Machines’ and resemble regular slot machines. With the machine you are competing against other lottery machine players at the casino.
Gambling Legislation Timeline
Gambling in the 1900s
The 19th century saw the legalisation of a number of gambling forms and casino openings. Pari-mutuel betting, charitable gambling, and the state lottery is legalised and launched.
Gambling in the 2000s
Internet gambling is banned in the state. The ongoing pressure to legalise web-based gaming, daily fantasy sport and sport betting is resisted by the lawmakers.
Regulatory Bodies in Washington
The Washington State Gambling Commission regulates all the casinos in the state. The commission enforces the gambling laws and issues gambling licenses in the state. Tribal gaming in the state is regulated under the Indian Gaming regulatory Act.
The commission is also committed to encouraging responsible gambling in the state. The commission works with a number of resources to ensure that problem gambling is well dealt with. Gamblers with an addiction can seek help from a 24-hour helpline or self-exclusion treatments. The Evergreen council on problem gambling offers programs and services that help with problem gambling in the state.
See Other States Pages
- Casinos in Alabama
- Casinos in Alaska
- Casinos in Arizona
- Casinos in Arkansas
- Casinos in California
- Casinos in Connecticut
- Casinos in Colorado
- Casinos in Delaware
- Casinos in Florida
- Casinos in Georgia
- Casinos in Hawaii
- Casinos in Idaho
- Casinos in Illinois
- Casinos in Indiana
- Casinos in Iowa
- Casinos in Kansas
- Casinos in Kentucky
- Casinos in Louisiana
- Casinos in Maine
- Casinos in Massachusetts
- Casinos in Maryland
- Casinos in Michigan
- Casinos in Minnesota
- Casinos in Mississippi
- Casinos in Missouri
- Casinos in Montana
- Casinos in Nebraska
- Casinos in Nevada
- Casinos in New Jersey
- Casinos in New Hampshire
- Casinos in New Mexico
- Casinos in New York
- Casinos in North Carolina
- Casinos in North Dakota
- Casinos in Ohio
- Casinos in Oklahoma
- Casinos in South Dakota
- Casinos in South Carolina
- Casinos in Tennessee
- Casinos in Texas
- Casinos in Utah
- Casinos in Vermont
- Casinos in Virginia