Sugar Pop 2: Double Dipped Slot Review
Sugar Pop 2: Double Dipped is the sequel to Betsoft’s popular Sugar Pop slot game. At first look, the game seems like a Candy Crush knockoff. The screen is filled with bright candies that explode when the right combinations cluster together.
However, unlike Candy Crush, you don’t have any effect on the outcome. But you do stand a chance of winning some cash prizes. Are they worth it, though? Well, that’s what we are here to find out! Below we look at whether Sugar Pop 2: Double Dipped is a worthy sequel to its famous predecessor!
|Game Information||More Slots Details|
|Software: Betsoft||RTP: 96.42%|
|Reels: 7||Maximum Coins: 1.00|
|Paylines: Cluster pays||Maximum Bet: 250|
|Multiplier Symbol: Yes||Minimum Bet: 0.25|
|Wild Symbol: Yes||Progressive: Yes|
|Maximum Jackpot: 28305||Free Spins: Yes|
|Scatter Symbol: Yes||Number of Free Spins: 14|
|Slot Type: Video Slot||Slot Theme: Candy|
Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped RTP and Volatility
Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped has a return-to-player percentage of 96.42%, which is pretty standard for a Betsoft slot game. Usually, percentages for games from this software developer vary between 95% and 97%.
As far as volatility goes, the game is considered a low volatile slot, which is great. This means the game is more likely to pay out regularly. As mentioned in other reviews, the drawback of playing a slot with low volatility is that jackpots are usually smaller. This is true here, but even a small prize is still worth thousands of dollars.
Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped is a huge game with a 7×7 board and cascading reels, making it possible to get wins anywhere. Like traditional match video games like Bejeweled, all you have to do to get wins is match three of the same candies in any direction to get a winning combination.
As you can expect from a game with a candy-theme, the slot uses vibrant colors, with all the symbols looking pretty enough to eat. Literally, this game looks like a kid’s dream.
Here is a quick breakdown of all you can expect gameplay-wise from Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped:
Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped only makes use of theme-related symbols. The candies don’t really have any specific real-life counterpart (well, at least until you get to the bonus mode). They just have different shapes and colors. Some of the variants include:
- Orange oval
- Red heart
- Blue triangle
- Purple hexagon
- Yellow square
- Green circle
There are wilds and scatters, but we’ll explain how these features work under the bonus section.
Like most Betsoft games, there is a large bet range in Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped. The smallest bet starts at $0.01, and the largest bet is capped off at around $125. So, there is a lot of room to play around with settings and find the bet size that suits your needs.
There are quite a few bonus features in Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped. We’ll try to explain how each of the features works in the simplest way possible:
- Wilds – to activate wilds, you need to get a matching combination with a couple of candies. After the cluster explodes, a multi-colored candy will be left behind, which can then be used to complete combinations.
- Scatters – if you land four or more scatters together, you will earn yourself free spins. Landing four scatters together gets you five free spins. Thereafter, you earn two additional spins for each additional candy.
- Fizzy Pop – when the Fizzy Pop logo lands on the reels, it will explode, leaving bubbles on some candies. Those bubbles will then explode, and other candies will replace them, potentially creating more winning combinations.
- Chocolate Mystery Egg – this symbol activates a random bonus feature each time it appears. Some of these features include:
- Swirling Lollipop – changes the symbols around a particular area of the board, potentially creating more winning combinations.
- Hammer – this feature destroys symbols displayed at the beginning of the round. Again, this makes for more chances of landing winning combinations.
Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped Final Rating
We really enjoyed our time with Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped. It seems like Betsoft went all out to make this a fun and interesting game to play. There are so many bonus features, and the color scheme just makes the board a dream to look at. For these reasons, we have decided to give Sugar Pop 2: Doubled Dipped a rating of 5 out of 5.