Slot Terms Glossary
Learning about slot terms is something that will help US players get a better hang of playing slots online or at land-based casinos. Slots are one of the most popular games at casino sites and being able to understand what’s going on is a great advantage. Therefore, finding a comprehensive guide of slot terminology is important.
Don’t worry, dear reader, we at BestUSACasinoSites.com have compiled a great gambling glossary of slot terms for you. You won’t need to use any other guide. Read on for more below.
Best USA Casinos with Slot Games
We’ve found the top casino sites for US players looking to practice their newly learnt slot terms. Sign up to our recommended casinos to claim some great bonuses today!
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best US Online Casino|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play High Country Casino||Best US Online Casino|
|Play Lucky Hippo Casino||Best USA Casino Online|
|Play Rich Palms Casino||New Best Payout Casino Online|
|Play Lucky Red||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
Read on below for a comprehensive slots gambling glossary.
# – D Slot Terms
- 243 Ways to Win Slot: When winning combinations of symbols appear anywhere on the screen.
- Action: This refers to the total amount played by the bettor, including amounts won or lost in the session.
- All Pays Slot: A game that doesn’t use a traditional pay line system to regulate winnings.
- Basic Slot: A slot game with a few features, fixed jackpot, and a single payline.
- Bet Max: The largest possible wager you can make on a particular slot. Players can use the bet max button most games have that allows them to quickly place the bet.
- Betting Unit: Refers to the measurement of the size of someone’s bet.
- Big Hit: Hitting a slot’s high-paying combination of symbols.
- Bonus Feature: The side game or distinct additional activity separate from the main slot game’s regular mode. Usually includes things like wild symbols, free spins, and scatter symbols.
- Buy-a-Pay Slot: A game where each coin wagered opens a new tier of payouts.
- Carousel: Refers to a group of slot games that share a common feature, usually the denomination.
- Classic Slot: Another word for the three-reel slot. The first slot machines had three barrels.
- Coin In, Coin Out (CICO): The total number of credits put in and payed out of a machine.
- Coins: Also known as credits. These can vary in denomination, from a penny to $5 and more.
- Coin Size: The amount that each coin or credit is worth of a player’s selected denomination.
- Cold Machine: A slot machine that isn’t going to payout anytime soon.
- Compensated Items (Comps): These are free items or points that are given to players rewarding their loyalty. The more gamblers play and deposit at the casino, the more points they receive.
- Console Slot: Games with features that make gameplay more comfortable for the player.
- Credits: Another word for coins. Money inserted into the game is converted into credits based on the coin size of the game.
- Denomination: The value of each credit. There is also a fixed credit feature or a feature that allows players to choose their denomination.
- Double Symbol: This is a symbol or a set of symbols that multiplies a payout when it’s part of a winning combination. Furthermore, triple symbols are also common.
F – L Slot Terms
- Five-Reel Slot: A slot game that has five-reels. It retains the traditional feel of the three-reel slot but has more paylines, increasing the potential for wins.
- Fixed Jackpot: Opposite to the progressive jackpot, the jackpot will payout the same fixed amount regardless of how many people play or how often the jackpot is won.
- Fixed-Value Slot: Slot games that have an unchangeable betting amount or coin size.
- Free Spins: A bonus feature which gives players one free round of play.
- Hit: A winning spin.
- Hit Frequency: This is a theoretical number that predicts how often a slot game pays out relative to the total number of games played.
- Hit and Run: When players play a single payline slot at max credit for a few spins and move on to another one if there’s no payout.
- High Volatility: A high volatility slot doesn’t payout often. However, they give out higher payouts.
- Hold Percentage: A theoretical number that shows how much of a player’s money the game retains.
- Hot Machine: The opposite of a cold machine, this refers to a game that’s about to payout.
- Jackpot: It’s the highest-value prize paid out by a slot machine.
- Line Bet: The active paylines on a given multi-payline slot.
- Linked Progressive Slot: A slot that has an ever-increasing jackpot that’s connected to a network of two or more other slots. The more people play these games, the larger the jackpot gets.
- Loose Slots: Slots that have a higher payout percentage than the average game.
- Low Volatility. Opposite of high volatility, these slots generate more hits but their payout will be lower than a high volatility game.
M – S Slot Terms
- Max Bet: Like the bet max, this is the most coins a player can bet on a spin.
- Multi-Line: Betting on more than one payline in order to increase their chances of winning.
- Multiplier: A specific type of symbol that increases the payout. They can range from either 2x to a 50x.
- Near-Miss: Slang slot term for a combination that’s close to a payout.
- Nudge Slot: A bonus feature in a game that bumps near-miss combinations into a winning combo.
- One-Armed Bandit: Popular slang term for a slot machine.
- Payback Percentage: A theoretical number which refers to the amount of money a slot game returns to a player. It should only be used as a guide.
- Payline: The line that, if a particular pattern shows up, determines the amount a player wins. They’re activated when a player bets on them before spinning.
- Payout: The amount paid by a slot for a specific combination of symbols.
- Payout Percentage: Similar to a payback percentage, it’s the amount you’ll receive from a slot game.
- Penny Slot: A game that accepts pennies as its basic denomination.
- Progressive Jackpot: A constantly growing prize amount available to slot player who are playing on a group of interlinked slot machines.
- Progressive Slot: A slot that has a growing jackpot built from a portion of all the wagers played into it.
- Random Number Generator (RNG): Software in online slots that makes sure that the results generated by the slot are fair.
- Reels: The part of a slot game that has the symbols on it. These are spun to create combinations.
- Scatter symbol: This symbol doesn’t have to appear in any sort of order, payline, or reel to trigger a bonus feature.
- Second-Screen Bonus: Refers to video slot features that happen on another screen apart from the standard slot game.
- Short Win: Landing a jackpot-winning combo but don’t win it because there’s a low credit or low denomination bet.
- Slot Tournament: A special event where players compete for prizes at specified slot games.
- Slot Type: The kind of slot game players wager at.
- Sound of Rain: Refers to the sound the coins make when there’s a hit.
- Spin: A round of slot play.
- Symbols: Images on the reels that line up to form combinations.
T – Z Slot Terms
- Take/Pay Cycle: This cycle is based on the fallacy that slots payout in a specific pattern.
- Three-Reel Slot: Also known as a classic slot. It describes a slot machine with three reels.
- Tight Slot: Opposite of loose slots. Slots that have a lower payout percentage than average games.
- Total Bet: The total number of credits multiplied by the chosen denominations.
- Wide-Area Progressive: The largest of all progressive payouts, these are slots that have a progressive jackpot. Usually, they are operated in a network of top paying us online casinos.
- Wild Symbol: A symbol that stands in for other symbols which creates a winning combination.
- Winning Combination: A collection of symbols on a payline that give a hit.
Other Recommended Gambling Terms Guides: