One of the reasons online blackjack is such a popular game is that it offers players a high payout. While the game has easy rules and strategies, it also has several outside bets you can use to improve your odds.
Side bets have an added layer of excitement and complexity to the game but can be quite risky. Not only will you have to do extensive research on the side bet, but you’d have to practice using them before playing for real money. We put together several online blackjack side bets which you can place at top casinos.
Top of 3 side bets and blackjack
The insurance bet is one that you probably come across when playing blackjack. The bet was initially introduced to protect you from the dealer. The bet is only made available should the dealer’s up card be an ace.
When playing at top real money casinos online, this bet appears on the screen once the dealers’ cards have been dealt. The bet ensures that you get a payout despite you not having a winning hand.
This particular wager has been designed to reduce the house edge, and it pays out 2 to 1. Remember this bet does not always payout as you may be not know what the dealers is up card is. However, you don’t quite know what the second card will be.
21 + 3
With this particular bet, it looks at your two cards as well as the dealer’s up card. You will place this bet on what the outcome of these three cards makes. The bet will payout depending on the combination the cards make.
- Flush – if all these cars are suited, you will get a payout of 5 to 1.
- Straight – if you get three consecutive cards, you will get a payout of 10 to 1.
- Three of a Kind – if you get three identical cards, you’ll get a payout of 30 to 1.
- Straight flush – if you get three consecutive cards from the same suit, you will get a payout of 4o to 1.
- Suited to triple – if you get three of the same cards, it will get a payout of 100 to 1.
. The house edge on the perfect pairs bet depends on the number of decks used. If four decks are used, the house edge for each of the bets is 8.78%, 7.81% for five decks, 7.14% for six, and 6.28% for seven decks.
Perfect Pairs Side Bet
This is another side bet which you could have come across while playing blackjack at top casinos. With this bet, it only looks at your cards and will payout if you are dealt with any of the following combinations.
- Perfect pair – These are two identical cards and payout 12:35.
- Colored pair – These are two cards of the same value that also have the same color. This pays out 12 to 1
- Mixed pair – These are two cards that share the same value butter from different suits and have different colors. This paper out 5 to 1
All in all, these are not the only side that you can make in blackjack. Many other side bets exist, and others are still being invented to try and attract new players to the game. Remember that depending on the casino site you’re playing at and the number of decks that have been used in the game, each of these bets will payout differently. With that, if you are interested in making any sides, try the best app for free at top casinos online before playing for real money.