What is the house edge on Blackjack?
We can never stress enough how understanding the house edge on Blackjack is important. See, both land-based casinos and virtual casinos are entertainment business. They have to make a profit and be able to pay for their overheads.
This is where the house edge comes in. this is the percentage that players will lose to the casino. You can think of it as the price you have to pay to play Blackjack. We have shared how you can calculate the house edge on Blackjack as well as some facts bout this mathematical part of Blackjack.
House Edge on Blackjack Explained
Before we can get started, you have to understand what the house edge is. It is a percentage that the casino will win in the long-term in Blackjack. The house edge in Blackjack can range between 0, 5% to 2% depending how well you play.
Let’s take the 2% house edge. For example, with every $100 bet on a blackjack game, you will lose $2. The best part about playing Blackjack is that you can reduce the house edge using a blackjack strategy. You will need to know when to stand or split in order to improve your chances of winning.
Remember, learning how to play Blackjack is a big part of winning big at virtual casinos. This casino game is one of the best paying games online.
Calculating the Housed Edge
Most casinos will not share how they calculate the house edge, so we have taken it upon ourselves to let you know. You can relax. We won’t get into the mathematical part of it. These are some of things that are looked at in order to come up with the house edge.
- The number of decks used. This ranges from 1 to 8 decks.
- Does Blackjack pay 3 to 2 or 6 to 5.
- Can the dealer stand or hit on a soft 17?
- Can you double?
- Are you allowed to resplit aces?
- How many hands can you resplit.
- Do you lose your initial bet against the dealer’s blackjack?
- Is the surrender rule in play.
House Edge on Blackjack Variation
As you may already know, there are a number of blackjack variations. Each variation has its own house edge as the gameplay, rules, and strategy are slightly different. Here is list of the blackjack variations, as well as their house edge:
- Atlantic City – 0.35%
- Pontoon – 0.39%
- Super Fun 21 – 1.30%
- Spanish 21 – 0.38%
- Perfect Pairs – 0.42%
- Blackjack Switch – 0.17%
- European Blackjack – 0.39%
- Single Deck Blackjack – 0.58%
- Double Exposure Blackjack – 0.69%
- Multi-Hand Blackjack – 0.63%
Facts about the Blackjack House edge
There are many other facts about the house edge that you will come across, some will be true, and others will not. Before you can trust its, make sure you do some research on it. This is because some myth about Blackjack will defer you making moves that could help improve your odds.
Here are the top five facts about the house edge on Blackjack that you can believe.
- The house in Blackjack can be reduced to 0.5 if you play using the basic strategy.
- You can calculate a predicted hourly loss.
- Using the card counting method, you can get an edge over the casino.
- When the casino allows you to double after splitting, the house edge will improve.
- The more flexibility you’re allowed in terms of splitting, the lower the house edge will be.
Play Blackjack online
One of the best ways you understand how the house edge works is to play free blackjack games. Here you will be able to try out all the various moves and impact the house edge. The best part is all the real money casinos that we recommend on our site offer a wide selection of blackjack games.
There are Some things to do to improve your chances of winning by lowering the house edge. These include learning how to card count, using the offered casino bonuses, use the match play coupons, take part in tournaments and get a rebate on your losses.