Are There Any Professional Baccarat Players?
Yes, there are plenty of professional baccarat players. Baccarat had always been a game reserved for high rollers, but that has changed in recent years. Some of the professional players are known high rollers. This does not limit others who are not high rollers to become professional baccarat players and win a fortune.
However, it takes a lot of work to become a professional baccarat player. What’s more, you will have to be prepared to lose money in the long term because you can’t always beat the house edge. But that does not mean that you won’t be one of the lucky players who made it pro.
How to Become a Professional Baccarat Player
Baccarat is one of the casino games with a low house edge, making it easier to make money for a living playing the game. Here are some things to consider when you want to play baccarat professionally.
Be Prepared for Losing
Baccarat is a game of luck that means that you will not win all the time. So, expect some losses and make sure that it is losses that you can afford. However, don’t hang up on the losses because they will affect your gameplay. You need to have a clear head to make the right decisions while playing. You can practice your gameplay and lose by playing online baccarat for free. You will even be able to practice your strategies to ensure that they are effective.
Know About Advantage Play
To get the upper hand in the casino while playing baccarat, there is some advantage play that you can use. You can use advantage play such as edge-sorting or hole carding to beat the game. However, casinos are aware of these techniques and try not to make it easy for players to use these techniques.
The Banker is Your Best Bet
The banker’s hand has a higher chance of winning than the player and tie. So, you stand a better chance of winning when you bet on the banker’s hand. What’s more, the hand also has a higher chance of a streak, and in this case, it is better to keep betting on the hand until it loses. However, the casino charges a 5% commission on the hand because of this fact.
Famous Professional Baccarat Players
There have been players who managed to make a living while playing baccarat. You can read up on their stories and find out how they could make it big, and take lessons to use in your journey.
Here are the top five that you can learn from:
- Akio Kashiwagi – is known for crippling the Taj Mahal when it was still in operation and being a real estate mogul who managed to place bets of $100,000 per hand.
- Phil Ivey – he is the player who used the edge-sorting technique to win money playing baccarat. However, he had to pay the money he won because the courts deemed it cheating.
- Kerry Parker – Parker did not mind spending millions in a single weekend on a game of baccarat. He lost and won a lot of money while playing.
- Archie Karas – he managed to turn $10.000 into $40 million from his gambling trip in Las Vegas. However, baccarat seemed to be his losing streak which amounted to $17 million.
- Tommy Renzoni – he introduced the game of baccarat to American countries and convinced some casinos to try the game out.