Best Online Sports Betting Sites USA
Many Americans love sports, and it comes as no surprise that they would also be involved in betting on sports. Sports betting is when a punter wagers their money on the outcome of a sporting event. Should their prediction for the outcome be correct, they will be paid out cash. There are also various sports that US gamblers can wager on such as football, baseball, basketball, motorsport, hockey and horse racing
American players can be able to place wagers at a land-based sports betting venue or the best sports betting sites USA on the internet. Our guide will help US players know more about the best online sports betting, the types of online sports betting, US online sports betting odds and find a list of the best betting sites in USA.
Trusted Best American Sportsbooks January 2020
Below is a listing of the best sports betting websites for US players. Use Visa, MasterCard and Amex (in some cases) to make secure and reliable deposits at these top sports betting sites USA.
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
|User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Old Havana|
|Great Payment Options|
|Play All Star Slots|
|One of the Best Slots site in America|
Legal Sports Betting Online in the US
Before May 2018, the professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 (PASPA) did not allow American states to legalise sports betting. However, punters were not prohibited from placing wagers on sports events through offshore sportsbooks, but they were not allowed to wager in their states.
What’s more, some states were exempt from this Act and were allowed to accept wagers from US gamblers. States such as Montana, Nevada and Delaware are exempt from this law. However, they had made sports betting legal before the PASPA was passed. Since May 14th 2018, the law has changed.
US Online Sports Betting: U.S. Supreme Court Ruling
As we have mentioned the law was changed on 14 May 2018. This was due to the New Jersey and Supreme Court case that was happening prior to the law change. New Jersey put a case to the Supreme court to overturn the PASPA and allow states to choose whether to legalise sports betting in each state or not.
The supreme court ruled that sports betting in the US will no longer be banned and each state was given the power to decide on making sports betting legal or not in their states. There are already states that have legalised sports betting including New Jersey. This ruling has also affected the legality of American sports betting online. Which will also be decide by the various states.
How Does Sports Betting USA Work?
At the best American sportsbooks, punters need to be the minimum age of 18 years to be able to place wagers on sports events. However, in Nevada gamblers have to be 21 years to take part in US online sports betting. To create an account, the top sports betting sites USA will need a punter’s information such as a name, age and address. Once the verification is done then, punters can start placing wagers on their favoured sports event.
Before placing wagers, punters have to choose which bet they want to make. There are different kinds of bets such as parlay, in-play, straight, teaser and future to decide on. Next, players will have to choose a side by merely clicking on the side that they want for that particular sport. Choose how much to wager, confirm the wager and the bet has been made.
How We Review Sports Betting Websites in USA
Since sports betting is fast become a popular past time activity, no gambler wants to have a bad experience by betting at a betting website. As a result, you will be looking for reliable betting sites but might not have the knowledge of how to find the top betting websites USA. So, in order to find the most secure sports betting you can evaluate any sports betting site using the following process:
- Regulated and Trustworthy – before checking any other thing on the site it is important to know whether the website is regulated and has a good reputation. This lets you know that the sportsbook can be trusted because it has a license that allows them to accept US players.
- Types of Bets Available – check whether the online betting website offers various kinds of bets. Some of the known kind of bets include moneyline, parlay, point spread, teasers, props and totals. Another option for betting is live betting, does the website also offer this option? What’s more, do they have a wide selection of sports to make these bets on?
- Best Odds Online Sports Betting – are the odds that are being offered at the sports betting website competitive? Are they the best out there for the specific sports you want to wager on? In what way are the odds presented, is it America, fraction or decimal? Find out the difference below.
- Best Sports Betting Bonus USA – is the online sports betting site offering the best incentives? How many and what kind of promotions do they offer their gamblers? Are there mobile promotions as well? You will want to find top betting websites that have the best sports betting bonus USA and with acceptable wagering requirements.
- Website Usability – the website has to be designed in a way that it is user friendly and responsive since there is always so may information that is displayed. It should also not take very long for the website to load because if it does gamblers will lose interest. Is the navigation easy and simpler enough to follow?
- Safe Deposits and Withdrawal Options – does the website accept the most popular banking options whether it is for making deposits or withdrawals? Does it accept e-Wallets, checks or even Bitcoin? Is their withdrawal process easy and processed quickly?
- Customer Support – sports are played at any time of the day and betting on the games is the same, so should the customer support the sportsbook website. They have to offer their support 24/7 with the options such as live chat, telephonic and email contact points available.
Types of Online Sports Betting USA
As we have mentioned before, there are different kinds of sports that US players can wager on. However, online sports betting sites USA offer the most popular sports such as:
- Football Betting – This includes placing wagers on the three big leagues, NCAA, NFL and the CFL. The Superbowl is the most popular sports event that US punters like to wager on.
- Basketball Betting – Another sport that has a big following in America. US gamblers can wager on the NBA or College basketball events.
- Baseball Betting – Whether it is the minor or major league, US punters who are interested in this sport can place wagers on the outcome of matches.
- Tennis Betting – In this sport, gamblers will place wagers on the result of the women and men’s tournaments whether it is Wimbledon, the French or Australian Open.
- Golf Betting – Betting on golf may seem complicated because it is not based on the outcome of tournaments only but player performance and hole-in-ones.
Online Sports Betting Odds
The odds on sports betting in the US show the chances a bet winning. However, there are different ways that they are shown. There are also the best online sport bet odds calculators on the internet that punters can use.
Three ways the online sports gambling odds are shown is the American, Fractional and Decimal odds. The fractional odds are for the UK and can be shown as 2/1 odds. The decimal odds are European and can be shown as 3.00 odds.
The American odds are used for favourites and underdogs. For example, the sports gambling online odds for a match between Team Red vs Team Blue may be shown like this:
Team Red vs Team Blue
+300 underdogs vs -200 favourite
This means that the negative/minus number is how much you must bet to make a $100 profit for the favourites and the positive/plus number is how much you will win if the underdogs win. So, if team blue is a favourite to win the game and you want to win $100, you will have to wager $200. If you choose to wager $100 on the underdogs, team red, you will win $300 when they win. Find out about the various sports odds from our guides below:
USA Mobile Betting Websites
Sports enthusiasts use mobile phones to be updated on upcoming matches and results of the past matches. When the best USA sportsbooks have a sports betting app USA, it becomes a helpful tool that punters can use for such information. However, not knowing which sports betting apps are the best sports betting apps USA can be tricky.
The top sports betting apps offer mobile-friendly user experience and other features that can be found on the desktop or mobile web browser sportsbooks for the US. Having the best sport betting apps directly on the mobile home screen can increase the enjoyment and experience of mobile betting on sports.
eSports has become popular and continues to grow year on year. Hence, there is eSports betting which is also growing in popularity.
There are many esports betting websites USA, and it may not be simple to know which one is safe and regulated. To ensure that an esports betting site is secure, check which jurisdiction the online sports betting site is regulated. Check for the Best US online sportsbooks reviews by other players to find out what they are saying about it. This will help you know more about the sportsbook US site, and its legitimacy.
With esports betting, wagers are made on the overall outcome of the event or a match. However, there are also bets such as live betting and in-play betting. You can find out more about esports betting in the US from our guide.
In Which States is Sports Betting Legal?
If you want to take a chance is bet on your favourite sports but unsure whether it is legal in this section, we will help you answer that question. Many of the US states that did not have sports betting are starting to look into creating laws that govern this activity. At the moment there are about 13 states that allow wagers of sports. However, as we have mentioned there are some that are in the process of legalising sports betting online or at local casinos and sportsbooks. Below is the current status of sports betting in the various US states:
|State||Legal Sports Betting||Legal Online Sports Betting||Sports Betting Laws Activity|
|Delaware||Yes||Yes, launch still to be announced||—|
|Illinois||Yes, still to be launched||Yes||Yes|
|Mississippi||Yes||Yes, at betting property only||—|
|Montana||Yes, still to be launched||Yes, still to be launched||Yes|
|New Mexico||Yes, at tribal casinos||No||No|
|Tennessee||Yes, still to be launched||Yes, still to be launched||Yes|
|Washington DC||Yes, still to be launched||Yes, still to be launched||Yes|
FAQs About the Best Sports Betting Books
Can I bet on sports online in USA?
Bettors will only be allowed to bet on sports online if their state allows the betting on sports online. However, there are states that have legalised sports betting which includes online sports betting.
Where Can I Bet on Sports?
Nevada, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia allow bettors to make legal sports bets.
Can I bet online in USA?
As of May 14th 2018, the supreme court has removed the ban on sports betting allowing American states to determine their sports betting laws. This means that each state will choose whether to legalise sports betting or not. So, far there are a few states that have legalised sports betting.
What is the age restriction for US sports betting?
The age restriction on sports betting in USA differs by state, but it mostly corresponds with the state-imposed restriction for land-based casinos. Alaska, Wyoming, Idaho, Minnesota have an age restriction of 18 years. While the other states is 21 years.
What is the best online sportsbook?
Our USA online sports betting guide has a list of the best online sportsbook for US players. We have carefully selected the American sports betting sites and put them through a stringent review process to ensure that they are the best.
Which states consider wagering on sports as illegal sports betting?
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia have not legalised sports betting yet.
In what states is sports betting legal?
Arkansas and Pennsylvania are due to allow sports betting in 2019. Delaware, Mississippi, New Jersey, Rhode Island and West Virginia legalised sports betting in 2018. Nevada, Delaware and Montana have legal sports betting already.
Where can I bet on sports online?
We have listed the top US sports betting sites above for you to choose from. All the USA betting sites have been reviewed to ensure that they are safe and offer the top sports betting odds.
Is online sports betting legal in Arkansas?
Currently, Arkansas is working on legal sports betting and the racing commission has already approved the sports betting rules. In November 2018, the state’s voters approved sports wagering.
What is a Sportsbook?
A sportsbook is a venue where bettors can place bets on specific spots event where any winners will be paid out.