Labouchere System – Online Betting System
The Labouchere system is a cancellation betting system that is complicated and takes a bit of getting used to. The Labouchere betting system can be used in various casino games, but it is most popular for roulette.
Even with its complexities, the system is a negative progression betting system that works to recover losses with multiple wins.
Before you take on the Labouchere money management system, read our guide that details how this betting system works. You will also find the pros and cons of using the system at top US Casinos online.
Best Casino Sites To Use Betting Systems
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play High Country Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Irish luck Casino||One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play Lucky Tiger Casino|
How The Labouchere System Works
Henry Labouchere is the avid gambler behind this betting system, and since his inception of the system, it has gained several other names. Namely, American Progression, the Split Martingale, and the Cancellation System.
Before you can start, you will need a pen and paper as you have to keep track of the system. Then follow these easy steps to get started.
- Set a goal of how much you would like to win over the number of sessions you would like to play. Basically, you will have to create a sequence that breaks down how much you want to win over a number of wages. For example, if you want to win $25 from 10 bets, your sequence could look as such 1-1-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-5.
- To get your bet amount, you will take the number on each end of the sequence and add them. so, your first bet amount will be 1 +5 = $6
- If you win the bet, you can cancel those number out. Now your sequence would look as such 1-2-2-2-3-3-3-3.
- Then repeat the process for your next bet. 1+3=$4
- Let’s say you lose this particular bet. The system suggests that you will take that bet amount and add it to the right end of your sequence.
- Your new sequence going into the new round will be 1-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-4. You will continue with the process until there is no number left in your sequence.
Here is how the visual interpretation of the sequence would look
Basically, you would have made a profit of $29. That is $4 more than what your goal was. The betting system works when placing even money bets. This is because you expect to win just about as frequently as you lose.
Labouchere Betting System: Pros and Cons
Like with any other betting system, there are good and bad that come with using the system. We have put together a list of the advantages and disadvantages of using the labouchere system. Whether you are using it for roulette, baccarat or blackjack, this pros and cons apply
- You won’t have to win every round in order to cover your goal
- Even if you lose more bets than anticipated, you will manage your goal
- The system gives you a clear representation of how much each bet should be
- The progression is not as steep as the Martingale system.
- Losing streaks are not as bad because eventually, you will make a profit
- If you do hit a losing streak, your sequence can get longer than what you had set out
- Should you not have a bankroll that can sustain a losing streak there is a chance that you will have a lot of money
- No wins are guaranteed
Modifications to the system
The flexibility in the Labouchere system is one of its positive aspects. Once you have used it a few times, you can start making modifications to your sequences. There are also a few variations to the system that can be done to salvage a losing streak.
For starters, if you start with a long sequence that has higher numbers, you can make quite a profit. This is dependent on whether you manage to finish the sequence.
Secondly, you can split the sequence. After a losing streak where your sequence have gotten longer, you can split it into a few sequences. For instance, you can create three smaller sequences and all you have to do is make sure that the total is the sum of the longer sequence.
Lastly, the reverse Labouchere system. With this variation, you switch things around. So, if you lose, you will cross out the numbers rather than adding. Then if you win, you will add that amount to the right end of the sequence.
With such a complex betting system, you have to make sure that your bankroll always leaves room for some losses. With that, this betting system will organize your game and bets. However, like with any other system and casino game, nothing is guaranteed. You will lose some and win some.
As tempting as the Labouchere system is if you are a novice player with a smaller bankroll, you may want to stay away from it. On the other end if you are an experienced player who has the money to take on the risks, then go for it.
More Betting Systems