Basic Craps Rules & Etiquette
Craps rules are fairly simple and easy to understand. Grasping the different craps rules plays an important role in learning how to play the game. Craps is one of the many exciting casino games available today. The game is played using a pair of dice, and the objective of the game is for players to bet on the outcome of a roll, or a series of rolls of both the dice in play.
The dice are 6 sided with numbers 1-6 on each side. You can play an informal craps game against your friends, also called ‘street craps’, or a more formal game against a bank, known as ‘casino craps’ or ‘table craps’. A craps table accommodates about 20 players, while the craps casino crew consists of a stickman, a boxman and two dealers.
An online craps game is played in rounds and each round has two phases – come out and point. Each player is given a chance to roll the dice. The rotation moves clockwise, and you may choose to not roll the dice if you wish to skip. Find out more about the US online casino craps game below and sign up to play once you know how to.
Best Online Craps Casinos in the USA
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play High Country Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Lucky Hippo Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Rich Palms Casino|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Lucky Red||Online Casino That Pay Real Money|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
Craps Game Rules
- Firstly, in online craps, exchange your hard cash for casino chips.
- When dealing odds bets, pass/don’t pass bets, field bets and come bets you need to place the chips in the relevant betting area yourself. All other bets are placed by the dealer himself.
- The dice need to be thrown towards the opposite end of the craps table, avoiding the sides of the table at all costs. The dice should not be thrown into the air either.
- Never use two hands when handling the dice. You will be handed a set of five dice in which you’ll choose two dice to roll. You may select and throw the dice using one hand only.
- All dice that rolls of the table or does not roll far enough will be null and void.
- Do not place your hands on the craps table and never make late bets.
- Leaving a tip for the casino dealer is a customary craps rule.
- Avoid smoking at the craps table.
- Always double check your craps payout to see if it is correct.
- Never put your money bet on the table while another player has the dice in their hand. Its best to place your bet while the dice is in the centre of the craps table.
How to Play Craps
To start the game, you must wager the table minimum on either the pass line, or the don’t pass line. Both bets pay even money.
Here are the characteristics of a pass line bet:
- If the come-out roll of the dice is 11 or 7, the bet wins.
- The bet loses is the come-out roll is 2,3 or 12.
- Any other come out value gets a point.
Here are the characteristics of a don’t pass bet:
- If the come-out roll is 3 or 2, the bet wins.
- If its 11 or 7, the bet loses.
- If the outcome of the roll is 12, it qualifies as a push bet which is not a win or a loss.
- Any other value gets a point.
To start an actual round, a player makes 1 or 2 come out rolls. If the outcome is 2,3 or 12, the round ends and you lose your pass line bets. If the outcome is 7 or 11, this counts as a win. The player continues to roll the dice until the numbers 4,5,6,8,9 or 10 are rolled. Whichever number is achieved first becomes the point number. The dealer then places an ‘on’ button on that specific point number, signifying the second phase of that particular round. If the player rolls the point number during the second phase, this is a win for all pass line bets. The dice is returned to the shooter and a new come out roll commences. If the number 7 is rolled, all pass line bets are lost and the second phase of round one ends. The dice is then given to the next player in line who then follows the same process.
Other Craps Guides: