Legal Gambling Age USA
American players are able to access web-based casino sites through their phones at a legal gambling age. The gambling age in the United States is generally between 18 and 21. That’s why we will go into more detail about the difference between gambling on the internet and land-based casinos. We also dive into the legal gambling age that players have to be in different countries. This is so that players are aware of where they can gamble whenever they decide to visit other states.
The main reason for this guide is to help players understand the legislation they need to know in order to be responsible gamblers. A range of jurisdiction points out that the gambling age is the minimum age which you can gamble by law. Moreso, the legal gambling age is not the same depending on the state’s legislation. This information equips you with the necessary knowledge of knowing that you are on the right side of the law. Even better, you get to freely play at the best US casino sites!
Top US Casino Sites
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best US Online Casino|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Best US Online Casino|
|Play Irish luck Casino||Best USA Casino Online|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||New Best Payout Casino Online|
|Play Rich Palms Casino||Best USA Casino Online|
|Play Cafe Casino||New Best Payout Casino Online|
|Play High Country Casino|
Gambling Age: The Difference Between Online and Land-Based Casinos
In the some places, players need to be at least 18 years-old to gamble. Each country will have its own rules which rely on the situations and the specifications by the gambling commission and the national legislation. The type of gambling activity that you might engage in also has a legal gambling age attached to it. Both internet casinos and web-based casinos have different rules. It’s vital to adhere to the legal gambling age when you gamble. The disadvantage of not following that law and gambling under age is that players will lose money and can be convicted. It doesn’t matter what gambling activity it is!
When it comes to gambling on the internet, the legal age can be hard to grasp. There are several legalities that can be daunting and never coming to an end when playing at a web-based casino, online sportsbooks, poker room and the likes. Many casino sites have the legal age displayed on the gambling site. Usually, when you press a casino site it can say that it is not available in your state. Land-based gambling has straight forward rules that players can follow.
In the US, the minimum gambling age is filtered according to the country but there can be variations in gambling forms. Laws that are not the same would apply to land-based casinos. This includes, table games, pull tabs, slots, video games machines can have different gambling ages that are legal(minimum).
Legal Gambling Age in the US
As we have pointed out, the gambling age for web-based casinos differs from one state to the other. We have made it easy for players to understand the legal age for different states in America. In addition, we have listed the required age for casinos, poker rooms, lottery, bingo and pony racing. The spaces where we have inserted a dash mean that we don’t have the data regarding the gambling age. As you will notice that lawful age to gamble is between 18 and 21. There are a few instances where the legal gambling age is below eighteen. For example, the states of Maine and Oklahoma allow 16 year-olds to play bingo. Take a look at the table below:
|Gambling Age US states||Casinos||Poker Rooms||Bingo||Lottery||Horse Racing|
What Is the Legal Gambling Age in Other Countries?
We have a look at the gambling age in Europe, Canada, UK and Europe.
- Canada – the legal gambling age in CA is almost that same as the US. Some of the rules are not straight forward. Gambling on the internet is controlled in Canada. In order to provide gambling to players in Canada you need a government license to be able to work in the country.
- Europe – most countries in Europe have a legal gambling age that is almost the same but there are variants in different states. When it comes to betting, the minimum gambling age is 18 years-old. It is similar to the legal gambling age it takes to play lotto. On the other hand, Estonia and Denmark’s gambling age is 16 years old. Casinos have different ages though. There are European states that have restricted gambling to age 21. These countries include Greece, Belguim, Lithuania and Germany.
- UK –the Gambling Commission grants licenses and regulates a range of gambling activities. Players in the United Kingdom are allowed can start gambling from 18 years-old. This includes bingo halls, betting sites, we-based casinos and other platforms. From the age of 16 players are allowed to play lotteries (this also involves the National Lotteries) football pools, teddy grabbers, low stakes machines and coin pushers.
- New Zealand and Australia – you can gamble in Australia as long as you are 18 but not all gambling activities are allowed. AU has strict laws and gambling is limited to lotteries and sports betting. Live betting and casinos that operate on the internet are illegal. Gamblers from this country can access abroad websites because the system is not tight. There are plenty of web-based casinos where you can play.
- India – the case of gambling laws in India is similar to those of the US. Different states in India have a variety of laws based on different types of gambling. Players can engage in gambling if they are over 21. The first state that implemented laws to allow casinos is Goa. Gambling via the internet has been allowed in Sikkim and Nagaland.
Other Recommended Casino Guides:
- Common Casino Stereotypes
- Gambling Regulators
- Bankroll Management
- Social Gambling
- Gambling Superstitions
- Virtual Reality Casinos
- US eCOGRA Casinos
- Casino Safety
- New Player Tips
- Self-Exclusion Programs
- Gaming vs Gambling
- How Gambling Works
- US States with Casinos
- Gambling Tips
- New Casinos
- House Edge
- Casino Myths
- US Gambling Laws
- Gambling Addiction
- History of Gambling
- Cheating a Casino
- Rogue Casinos