States with Casinos in the US
Some of the world’s best casinos are in the USA. Whether you are a skilled gambler, on holiday with friends or looking to have some fun, the US is home to several land-based casinos and billions of dollars in revenue. When you think of places with casinos in the USA, Las Vegas is undoubtedly the first place that will come to mind. While Las Vegas is one of the popular gambling states, you would be surprised to see how many American states have to casinos.
From land-based casinos, online casinos, riverboat casinos, we give you a list of casinos in each US state. We also let you in on the top four gambling states that are sure to turn any holiday into an unforgettable experience. Enjoying the authentic gambling experience shouldn’t be that hard. Pick a state, find a casino and open yourself up to the world of poker, slots, table and card games. Don’t forget the legal gambling age in the United States is 18. Find casinos in your state here.
Best Local Casinos in USA
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Cafe Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Irish luck Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Old Havana|
|One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play All Star Slots|
Top Gambling States
Oklahoma may be the state with the biggest casino in the united states; however, it isn’t one of the top gambling states, shocker, right? Here are the top four gaming states in the US:
- Nevada – Also known as the silver state is the top gambling state in the USA. A trip to the silver state is incomplete without a trip to the Las Vegas strip. Whether you are visiting a hotel for the night, having drinks at the bar or a glitzy nightclub, there is sure to be a casino in your mist. It is no wonder that they say that whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas isn’t the only place you can bet your dollars, Reno and Lake Tahoe have some of the best casinos in land-based casinos. Reno is genuinely the biggest little city in the world which is not far from the breathtakingly Lake Tahoe. This gambling destination is perfect for gamblers that are expecting bright and over the top casino’s lights. When it all gets much put on your bikini and swim shorts and give some of the lake activities a go before spending another night cranking the slots.
- Mississippi – Home to one of the largest gambling markets in the US. One would think that after Hurricane Katrina riverboat casinos would slowly die down in the state which is the complete opposite of what has happened. The casinos were rebuilt on land only feet away from the shore. For casinos that are still afloat, state laws prohibit them from cruising. However, this doesn’t take away from the experience of gambling in a luxurious boat.
- California – With over 150 casinos, California has limited choice when it comes to slots, craps and roulette. The state casinos permit skill games such as blackjack, poker and baccarat. The casinos would fit right it on the Las Vegas Strip as most of them are attached to spas, hotels, lavish resorts and other amenities.
- Florida – Disney world, Miami beaches, Universal Studios and sea world. The sunshine state offers much more than just theme parks. The gambling industry is right up there with the United States most popular casinos. Florida has three types of casinos, Indian, riverboats and Pari-mutuel casinos. The legal gambling age is 21 in casinos which offer alcohol and 18 in casinos which don’t.
States with Casinos in USA
There are casinos in all four American regions, 48 states have a land-based casino, and only two states have banned gambling completely. Each state’s constitution addresses how gambling is allowed to enlarge.
Apart from being home to the Northeast’s gambling experience hot spot, Atlantic City. The Northwest also has casinos in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
With almost 86 casinos, Michigan in the Midwest is by far the most popular casino in the state. The Midwest has casinos in all of its states Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Home to Delaware, which is one of the states exempted from expending sports betting. It had legalized sports betting in 1992 before the Professional, and Amateur Sports Protection Act stopped the expansion of gambling on games at the state level. Other states which have casinos are Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
For decades Nevada was the only legal gambling state, and a vacation to Nevada is incomplete without a visit to Las Vegas casinos. The west is also home to casinos in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.
States That Don’t Allow gambling
Both Hawaii and Utah have completely banned gambling, there are no casinos in this state, nor can you gamble in the privacy of your own home. Although some of the following states may have land-based casinos, Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Nevada and Utah do not allow citizens to bet on the lottery. Tennessee has not yet moved to regulate or allow any form of gambling; however, they have also not addressed the issue of online gambling, talk about a little leniency.
Types of Casinos in USA
Land-based casinos are the regular casinos you think of when you think about casinos. Also known as brick-and-mortar casinos, the popular options are Las Vegas and Atlantic City. These were the original forms of casinos until Indian and riverboat casinos came along.
Indian Casinos are also known as Tribal casinos and are located on recognized Indian Reservations across the USA. These casinos tend to be larger than Las Vegas Casinos. The Casino games aren’t regulated, and according to state rules, you may not find your favorite table game in particular casinos.
Riverboat is precisely what the name says. These casinos are situated in boats that are on rivers. Over the years, the laws have become more advanced on these types of casinos and not necessarily requiring them to leave the dock or be on an actual boat.
Land Based casinos vs online casinos
- Bonuses: Players are more likely to receive rewards at online casinos than at land-based casinos
- Payouts: Brick-And-Mortar casinos do better than online casinos with paying out winnings. At a land-based casino, you can receive your payouts almost immediately, whereas at online casinos it may take a couple of days.
- Game Speed: Online casinos are more convenient, and all games start when you start the game.
- Age restrictions: The land-based casino requires players to be of a certain age to gamble; this could be 18 or 21. Online casinos are more lenient, and all you have to do is check your laws age restriction before playing to ensure that you can play legally.
FAQs about Casinos in the USA
Which states offer legal online casinos?
Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania are the only states where online casinos are legal.
Are Casinos Legal in the USA?
Yes, casinos are legal in the US depending on the state laws.
What is the largest casino in the USA?
The largest casino in the US is the WinStar World Casino & Resort in Oklahoma.
How many US states have Casinos?
Forty-eight states have casinos. At least 18 states have commercial casinos, and the other 30 states have tribal and commercial casinos.