How to Play Roulette
At first glance, roulette looks intimidating with its numbers, colors, and the different bets that you can make. If you’re a beginner or new to the game of online roulette, this guide is perfect for you because it will teach you everything you need to know from how to play, the rules in the game, top strategies, and we’ll even share some of our best tips.
The basics of playing remain the same whether you are playing roulette at an online casino or at a land-based casino. Once players are comfortable with the table and the wheel online then they can confidently try learning how to play roulette in Vegas. It is as good as learning the game online from anywhere in the US as the rules do not change.
Best Online Roulette Casinos
Here at Best USA Casino Sites, we put the internet casino sites that we identify through a stringent review process to ensure that they are legit. So, as a result, if you choose any of the casino sites that we have listed here on our website, you can be sure that they are safe, regulated and continuously reviewed to ensure that they are good for all players.
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Irish luck Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play High Country Casino||One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Drake Casino|
How to Play Roulette and Win
Follow these easy steps to play roulette:
- Place your bet – before the game begins, you have to decide on the size of the bet you would to make and indicate where you would like to place this bet on the table. The different types of bets available to you is discussed below.
- Dealer spins the wheel – once all bets are made and chips are placed, the dealer will spin the wheel and launch the ball onto the wheel. You activate the game by clicking the “spin” button on your computer or mobile.
- The outcome – the ball will eventually come to a stand still and the outcome of the round will be revealed.
- Payouts – if your bet wins, you are the winner and will receive the equivalent payout.
Having knowledge about the different bets in the game makes learning and playing roulette better and easier. Some bets are better than others; however, the house edge is the same for all the bets. The types of bets can be classified as per below:
Inside bets can be broken down as per below:
- Corner bet – Choosing to make a bet on four numbers that are next to each other by placing your chip at the corner that connects all the numbers. The odds for this bet are 8 to 1.
- Street Bet – When you place your bet on three numbers that are in a row by putting a chip at the end of the row. The odds for this bet are 11 to 1.
- Split Bet – Choosing to bet on two numbers that are opposite each other. Put the chip on the line that separates the two numbers. The odds for the bet are 17 to 1.
- Straight Up Bet – When you wager on one number by placing your wager on that specific number on the table. The odds for this bet are 35 to 1.
- Five Line Bet – Betting on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3 and you will place your chip on the line that is beside the 0, 00 and numbers 1 to 3. The bet can online be found in American roulette as it features the 00 bet. The bet odds are 6 to 1
- Six Line Bet – Choosing to make a wager on two rows with three numbers by placing your chip between the two rows at the end. The odds for this bet are 5 to 1.
Similar to inside bets, there are some wagers you can make that are considered to be outside bets. Outside bets have a lower house edge and is regarded as less risky bets. Here is a list of the outside bets:
- The Dozens of Bets – There are three number groupings on the table, and they are divided in multiples of 12. Hence, they are called dozens. If you choose to place a wager on any of the dozens, you are wagering that any number in that dozen will win. You place your chip on either the first, second or third dozen. These bets have odds of 2 to 1.
- High or Low Bets – On the outside bets there are two boxes, one with 1 to 18 (low numbers) and 19 to 36 (high numbers). You can choose to place a bet on either two boxes predicting that the ball land on any numbers between 1 to 18 or 19 to 36. The odds for these bets are at 1 to 1.
- Odd or Even Number Bets – When you choose to wager on an even or odd section on the table, you are predicting that the ball will land in a slot where the number is even or odd. These bets payout 1 to 1.
- Colour Bets – Choosing to bet colour means that you are predicting that the ball will land in a slot of that colour regardless of what the number is. The two colours to choose from are black and red, which are displayed next to the even and odd boxes on the table. Place your chip in whichever colour you think will win. The odds for these bets are 1 to 1.
- Column Bets – You will choose to wager on an entire column of numbers, and you do so by placing your chip at the end of the column in the 2 to 1 box for that column. The payout for this bet is at 2 to 1.
Online Roulette: Payouts and Odds
Not every bet in roulette has the same payout value, some pay more than others. The odds of every bet also greatly vary. Have a look at the table below.
|Bet||Roulette Payouts||Roulette Odds|
|Single numbers and zeros||35:1||37:1|
|Adjoining numbers and zeros||17:1||18:1|
|Any 3 numbers||11:1||1.557:1|
|4 numbers in a block||8:1||8:5:1|
|Zeros, 1,2 and 3||6:1||5:33:1|
|Column and dozen bets||2:1||2.157:1|
|Odd/even and colour bets||1:1||1.111:1|
Online roulette is a game of luck. However, there are strategies that you can use to improve your chances of winning. It has been noted that winning several times using a strategy does not necessarily indicate that one will always win with that same strategy. If the casino player is going to stick or adopt a strategy, it becomes important to stick with that strategy and use it when playing, but not on a continual basis. It’s also important to remember though that the strategies do not guarantee you a win. See below:
Types of Online Roulette
There are essentially two types of Roulette online: American and European. American Roulette contains the extra numbers, which is why many say that European offers better odds for the first time player. American Roulette has the numbers 1 to 36 and 0 and 00.
In European Roulette, however, there is no 00. Casino players receive the same coloured casino chips as other players. European Roulette is often found to be more tempting because of the house edge that it offers in comparison to American Roulette. Each game, however, has its own benefits.
Tips on How to Play Roulette
After some time, players develop their own tips on how to play roulette better. We’ve also got a few tips of our own that we believe may help you. First, we recommend that you enjoy the and not place too much pressure on yourself. Secondly, familiarise yourself with the game and its rules as best as you can. Thirdly, manage your bankroll well. Set a limit for yourself and never exceed that limit. It might also be a good idea to set a base limit for each bet you make. Now that you’re done reading our how to play roulette guide, you can head over to our roulette tips guide for more.
See More Roulette Guides
- Roulette Odds
- European Roulette
- French Roulette
- American Roulette
- Mini Roulette
- Royale Roulette
- Roulette Computer
- Roulette Cheats
- Casino Roulette
- Roulette Systems
- Roulette Lessons
- Zoom Roulette
- Roulette Tips
- Roulette Bets
- Martingale Systems
- Fibonacci System
- James Bond Strategy
- Oscar Grind’s Strategy
- d’Alembert System
- Paroli System
- Parlay Roulette System