Video Poker Rules USA
Learning video poker rules is as easy as playing the casino game favourite. With a low house edge and exciting variations, learning the game is definitely worthwhile. In contrast to playing slot games, US players have some control over the hands that they play. This modern alternative to playing traditional poker is enjoyable for players of all skill levels. Playing online video poker appeals to players because of all the benefits. The idea of playing alone and having control over your gameplay makes video poker extremely popular.
For players who can already play poker, learning to play video poker at an internet casino site in USA will come naturally. There are some similarities as well as some recognizable differences between the two casino games. Players will find that there aren’t any magical video poker machine secrets. The secret in knowing how to win at video poker lies in fully understanding the rules of video poker and finding a good strategy. We have put together a guide that will help players learn all the essential information about video poker and the best online US poker rooms that offer video poker.
Trusted Online Video Poker Rooms
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play High Country Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Lucky Hippo Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Rich Palms||One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
Rules of Video Poker
There are different video poker variations that players can choose from. All variations carry a similar standard of rules. When learning video poker rules and how to play it, you will notice that the casino game uses a deck of 52 cards and the standard poker rankings apply. Here are the top five video poker rules:
- To make your wager, you will insert the required number of coins.
- Once you press deal, the machine will display your starting five cards.
- You will have an option to hold or abandon some or all of your cards. To pick the cards, you will have to click on them.
- By pressing draw, the discarded cards will be replaced in a random draw from the remaining deck.
- You win if your hand matches any of the qualifying poker hands. The payout is dependent on the paytable of the video poker game.
Video Poker Hand Rankings
Video poker uses the standard US poker ranking. Here is a recap of all the important rankings used in video poker.
- A royal flush is the best hand to have in video poker. The hand consists of a King, Queen, Jack, Ace, and Ten. All cards should be of the same suit (diamonds, hearts, clubs or spades).
- A straight flush is made up of five consecutive cards that are of the same suit. It is the second-best hand in poker.
- Four of a kind, as the name implies, is four cards of equal value from different suits.
- A full house is a hand with three identical value cards and a pair.
- A flush is a hand of any five cards from the same suit.
- A straight hand has five consecutive numbers with all cards being from different suits.
- Having three cards of equal value plus any two cards is known as three of a kind.
- A hand that has two pairs is known as two of a kind.
Helpful Video Poker Strategy
Like any other poker game, having a sound strategy can be beneficial for your pocket. Taking time to practice before playing for real money can increase the players’ odds of winning. Each video poker variation has its own strategy. Players should be aware of which variation they are playing to ensure that they are using the correct strategy and video poker rules. The last thing you want is to lose money because you used a Jacks or Better strategy at a Deuces Wild video poker machine. Find a machine that offers excellent video poker pay tables. Video poker machines often display the expected return on money before you even start playing. Keep an eye on bonuses and promotions and play at progressive jackpot machines.
Other Video Poker Guides: