USA Blackjack Tournaments
The card comparing game, blackjack has been around for years and soon after Blackjack tournaments were a popular way of attracting American players to land-based and online casinos. The tournaments are adored by US players for their prize pool and unmatched entertainment.
Blackjack Tournaments play differently to regular blackjack; however, the basic rules apply to casino tournaments. Blackjack tournaments is just another way to enjoy real blackjack online. You will be playing against the players at the table and dealer. The concept of tournament blackjack is to acquire more chips and move onto the next round. Another difference is that you need to know when to stray from the basic Blackjack strategy to outsmart your competitors.
Our team of experts has researched blackjack tournaments and came up with a guide that will ease you into playing at tournament tables in no time. We go through the different types of Blackjack Tournaments, how to play and other useful helpful tips. It is important to remember that each tournament has its own rules and set number of rounds. Let’s get started.
Find Blackjack Tournaments at these Casinos in the US
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play High Country Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Lucky Hippo Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Rich Palms||One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
How They Work
There are many different kinds of blackjack tournaments open for you to choose from, each with its own set of rules and prizes. It’s advisable to first read the rules, terms, and conditions associated with the different kinds of tournaments before you pay the entry fee. This way you don’t join a tournament whose rules and conditions are outside of your comfort zone.
Each player is treated the same in a blackjack tournament, regardless of the kind of tournament you’ve chosen to participate in. At the start of the tournament, each player gets the same amount of chips as starting capital. Players compete against the house, but more so against each other. The overall aim of every player is to have acquired the most amount of chips by the end of a blackjack round.
How to Play Blackjack Tournaments
As with any other casino game, you have to learn the rules of the game first so you know how to play. The same applies to blackjack tournaments. Fortunately, learning how to play is quite simple.
- The first thing you need to do is sign up to play either online or at a land-based casino. Then, you’ll need to exchange your hard cash for casino chips.
- The second step to playing is taking note of your competitor’s initial bet. The first round in a blackjack tournament game starts when the dealer distributes the first hand. At this point, you’ll have to place a bet that meets the minimum or maximum bet amount of the table. If you’re the first player to place a bet, all the other players will have to match your bet. If you’re not, you’ll have to match the bet of your closest competitor.
- Make smart money moves. If you truly want to contend for the overall prize, you have to make wise decisions and use the right strategies. Online blackjack tournaments have a time limit for making bets. In a normal game you’ll have 25 seconds to decide whether to hit, stand, split, double down or surrender. Towards the end stages of the tournament, this time limit can drop to as low as 10 seconds.
- After you’ve made your move, you have to wait for the outcome. If you win, you’ll be paid out in chips according to the payout ratios stipulated on the paytable. If you lose, your bet goes to the house. This signifies the end of the first round.
- All first-round winners will progress to the next round, and the process starts over again.
- At the end of all the rounds, the overall tournament champion will be announced and awarded the prize.
Types of Tournaments
Blackjack Tournaments are usually significant events with multiple players. Games are played with chips, and each player starts with the same number of chips. These chips represent real cash. Tournaments are entered with an entry fee which is set by the casino.
As mentioned previously, there are many different kinds of tournaments that you can play. The method of play remains constant between the different types, but each one has unique features that set it apart from all the others. We’ve listed some of the options below:
Elimination and Non-Elimination Tournaments
Elimination blackjack tournaments is a more traditional kind of event and is a popular choice for players. Here you play against all the other players and only the winners of every table advance to the next round in the tournament. All the other players are eliminated from the game. Some tournaments do come with the option to pay another entry fee to re-enter the tournament.
In non-elimination tournaments, the goal is to win the most chips after a certain number of rounds. The players who have collected the most chips are placed on a leader’s board in descending order. The leader’s board helps you identify the ones to beat and how much you need to beat them.
Sit and Go Tournaments
These tourneys are generally played and online, and no start time is set. The game starts when there are enough players. Sit and Go blackjack tournaments are exclusive to the web and require at least 6 participants.
Start at a fixed time and players will have to register beforehand.
No entry fee is required, and there is a real money cash prize. The prize is not as large but still worth a shot. Casinos host these in an effort to attract new blackjack players to the casino.
Satellites do not offer players real money prizes, however, they offer players entry into higher value tournaments.
Live blackjack tournament games are played with chips with real money value. This means that with every wager, you put the full value of your own money at risk.
Mini and Major BlackjackTournaments
Mini tournaments are held on a weekly basis and take place at land-based casinos. The entry fees for this kind of tournament is low and so are the prizes. Major tournaments are held over weekends and run over 2 days. The prize money here is much larger.
Top Tournament Tips
Before playing Read through the tournament rules thoroughly. You need to be able to keep track of your chips as well as your competitors’ chips. With that being said, it is essential to know when to match your competitor’s bet. The aim is to have the most chips at the end of each round using the basic blackjack strategy is a great start however you need to know when to deviate and play with different strategies that can secure you more significant short-term results.
Casino Blackjack versus Blackjack Tournaments
Blackjack tournaments are based on a classic game of blackjack that you would play at a casino on any given day. However, there are some differences between the two and its best you familiarise yourself with these differences before you sign up for a tournament to avoid any surprises.
- In casino blackjack, you play against the dealer who is a representative of the casino house.
- The prizes up for grabs in a casino are not as large as those in a blackjack tournament.
- Using some kind of blackjack strategy is recommended here.
- You are more likely to blow your entire bankroll in a normal blackjack casino game.
- Here you can minimize the house edge by using a technique called counting cards.
- The main objective is to win money and lots of it.
- In a blackjack tournament, you play against the house and the other players.
- The prize pool is much larger in tournaments compared to prizes in a blackjack casino game.
- Here your losses are limited to the entry fee you paid at the start.
- You might have to deviate from using a blackjack strategy at some stages during the tournament.
- Your main competitors are the other players, and you can gain an advantage over them if you outsmart them.
- The main objective of a blackjack tournament is to collect more chips than the other players.
Check our other recommended blackjack guides:
- How to Play Blackjack
- Surrender Rule in Blackjack
- Pontoon Blackjack
- Blackjack Rules
- Blackjack Reviews
- Blackjack Myths
- Blackjack Mobile
- Blackjack Download
- Atlantic Blackjack
- Card Counting
- Free Blackjack
- American and European Blackjack
- Blackjack Strategy
- Blackjack Variations
- Blackjack Tips
- Blackjack Trainer
- Blackjack Bankroll Management
- Blackjack History
- Match Play 21 Blackjack
- Spanish Blackjack
- Super Fun 21
- Blackjack Insurance Rule
- Splitting in Blackjack
- Chinese Blackjack
- Blackjack Switch
- Blackjack Tournaments