The key to playing a good game of 21 is knowing the Blackjack Rules like you know your name. The popular table game is offered in many US Casinos, and there is no running away from it. It is a simple game with easy to learn rules. Regular blackjack players will agree with us when we say it can be intimidating sitting at the table for the first time. If you are looking for clarity on casino blackjack rules, you have come to the right place.
A lot goes into trying to beat the dealer and focusing on getting to 21. We have put together the top four rules that you can use across all the blackjack variations online, and in land-based casinos. Blackjack online real money is a fast-paced game, and it is on its way to becoming one of the most profitable casino games American bettors can play.
Best Blackjack Casinos
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site||One of the Best Slots site in America|
|Play Slots of Vegas Casino||Leading Fantasy Slots Casino Site|
|Play High Country Casino||User-friendly Casino Site!|
|Play Bovegas Casino||Great Payment Options|
|Play Irish luck Casino||One of the New Slots Sites in the US!|
|Play Lucky Red Casino||Best Online Casino for US Players|
|Play Rich Palms|
Blackjack Dealer Rules
Blackjack is one of those casino games that come with lots of rules important for you to understand. Most casino game rules apply to both the player and the banker/dealer. But in blackjack, there are certain rules that apply only when interacting with the dealer. Some of the blackjack dealer rules are:
- Never had your bets directly to the dealer. When you place a wager in the game, the correct way to go about it is to place your chips on the blackjack table and the dealer will receive it from there. The dealers are pleased when you bet, but they are not allowed to place chips down on your behalf.
- A general dealer rule is that they stand on a soft 17. This means that if the dealer has a hand that amounts to 17, they must stand.
- Always tip your dealer. This is common courtesy.
Online Blackjack Tips
Even professional gamblers have a set of tips that they’ve been taught about a number of casino games that’s worth having up your sleeve. Having a few good blackjack tips can help you better your game, and might improve your chances of winning. See some of ours below.
Casino Blackjack Rules
How you play blackjack remains the same whether you are playing at home or at a casino. But, there are some additional etiquettes that come along when you play in a casino like how to interact with the dealer like we’ve discussed above. Here are some of the basic blackjack rules that you need to know regardless of where you play.
- Know the Playing Pack
The deck used to play blackjack is a standard 52-card pack. Games can be played using 6, 7 or 8 decks. A plastic card is used to indicate when it will be time for the cards to be reshuffled. A shoe is used to hold the deck during the game.
Blackjack card values
- Cards that keep their face value range from 2- 9
- Jack, Queen and King are value 10 points
- The Ace is worth 1 or 11 points
- How to Play
The game starts when the bettors have made their way, and the dealer has given all players two cards including himself. The aim is to get to 21 without going over. Remember that you are mainly playing against the dealer rather than against the players at the table. The playing options are as follows:
- Hit – If you need another card to improve your total hand, it is called a hit. In comparison, if you are happy with your cards, you can choose to stand, and the dealer will not deal you any more cards.
- Surrender – In this case, you forfeit half of your wager and do not play the hand. The option is only available on the two cards you were initially dealt.
- Splitting – If your hand consists of two equal value cards, you have the option of splitting the hand and placing a second wager.
- Double – If your hand is advantageous, you can double your bet and the cost of receiving an additional card.
- Blackjack Insurance is a Thing
Insurance is a bet that is made on the side when the dealers up card is an ace. The dealer will offer the insurance before bettors play their hand. The wager has to be half of your original wager. It advised that taking the insurance bet in tournaments isn’t the wisest decisions; however, if you are playing regular blackjack trying your luck isn’t with insurance isn’t the end of the world.
- How do the Payouts Work?
The winner is the player with the best hand. Once all the hands on the table have been played, the deal will reveal his hole card, and if his hand is at a total of 17 or higher, he will stand. Should the dealer bust they will pay 1X the wager to each hand that is on the table. Another option is that the dealer will make a hand, and if your hand is still in play it will be battle of the better hand.
Check out other game rule guides